Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

5or 6 can soup   Help... I'm In Search Of

Started Jul-29 by farmervi; 1317 views.
farmervi

Jul-29

Someone posted a reciepe for soup; just put the cans of the veggies in a pan and heat.

judyinohio

Jul-29

If you are looking for a recipe for soup, here's one for "Seven Can Soup" from the famous Pioneer Woman that was easy to find:

https://www.thepioneerwoman.com/food-cooking/recipes/a78065/seven-can-soup/

I have no idea what Rotel is so you are on your own about this recipe but according to what Ree Drummond wrote you can kind of "wing it" when it comes to your choice of cans of ingredients. Open your cupboard doors and go on a treasure hunt, I guess.

Not my style of cooking but if it works for you, go ahead ...  grinning

latterberry

Jul-29

Rotel tomatoes are canned tomatoes with a little hint of heat. A Southern favorite, the spice comes from green chiles that have been fire-roasted, diced and stirred into the simmering tomatoes. Rotel tomatoes are a vital ingredient in queso and make a delicious addition to tortilla soup.

I have heard of Rotel, but never used it.  Not my style of cooking either

farmervi

Jul-29

Thank you Judy; that is not the recipe.  No chilli and no hot stuff. One thing I remember was progresso vegatable soup.

judyinohio

Jul-29

I joke sometimes that with my Irish-German ancestry I seem to be missing the DNA that appreciates any foods with green chili peppers as an ingredient.

judyinohio

Jul-29

Ree Drummond seems to think you can create a 7 can soup using six cans of anything as long as you add some chunked-up Velveeta at the end.

With that spirit of adventure you could tackle a soup the same way you could tackle a scrap quilt; just call it "Scrap Soup". Throw together canned corn, canned green beans, a can of French onion soup, canned tomatoes and whatever other canned vegetable you like (diced new potatoes, lima beans, kidney beans, etc.) and then toss in some shredded cheddar or whatever cheese strikes your fancy  ...

If you have lots of great garlic bread to go with it you can't go wrong.  LOL

latterberry

Jul-29

Me too.  I'm not a big fan of chili peppers either.  I grew up with a lot of Slovak food.  good old meat and potatoes, breads , and noodle dishes.  Sounds healthy doesn't it?

(14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
    (15 1/4 ounce) can corn
    (15 ounce) can minestrone soup (ready to serve)
    (15 ounce) can mixed vegetables
    (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed
Midkid5

Jul-29

Torilla Soup:

one can Nacho cheese soup

one can cream of chicken soup

one can Rotel or can diced tomatos w/ green chiles

one can chicken stock or one cup bullion made

one can cooked chicken

one can rinsed black beans

dump together heat and simmer 20 minutes or

dump together refrigerate overnight heat n eat

farmervi

Jul-30

I was raised on Pa. dutch-German food; some people would call it bland. Mel yours is closet to the one I had,  Thanks everyone for your replies.  I read every day; seldom write.  Hate this heat,  Hope all is well.