Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Medication costs change   Off-Topic Chat

Started Aug-24 by CC (ccase5); 467 views.
CC (ccase5)

Aug-24

My son said something about prescription costs (maybe only through Medicare) being lowered. I got my bone medication today through Medicare insurance and was shocked at the price. lower by a lot i think. it's been so long since I've gotten any, i am no longer sure. I had to stop everything. now this is a pleasant surprise. i saw my Doctor recently, well the Physician Assistant and she mentioned Good RX. i told her i thought i couldn't use that since i was on Medicare. She checked and said I was right. Well maybe now i don't need to try options like that. has anyone noticed any price change in their RX's?? that would be a very pleasant surprise for me.
just in general Texas seems much higher than Colorado was. Hoping that has changed.
In reply toRe: msg 1
CC (ccase5)

Aug-25

found my own answer. Medicare closed the donut hole. this makes a huge difference in costs to all. not that simple but I"m happy enough.
hard to type, think i broke my hand today. sigh.
Suze (casuzenn)

Aug-26

oh no!!! hope it heals up soon...

CC (ccase5)

Aug-26

turns out i may not have broken it, maybe not. I slammed the cat carrier lid on my hand and arm. The Doctor called me and said it sounds like infection. the cat did either bite my knuckle or get a claw in. it is all swollen and last night i felt terrible. actually groaned all night. My son even heard me. I feel better today but the hand is still very swollen. the Doctor sent penicillin to my pharmacy. i asked him which one. well the mail order one of course. they did that the last time. sigh. he resent it to one six miles from me and i had a hard time getting it but did. So will start those tonight and maybe get a tetanus shot Friday. I seriously think that will be the last cat I rescue and get into a carrier!

Ouch! I do hope that your arm heals quickly. Sounds like you are in quite a bit of pain.

Suze (casuzenn)

Aug-26

CC (ccase5) said:

I seriously think that will be the last cat I rescue and get into a carrier!

either that..or you need to wear leather gloves when cat-trapping!!

hope the penicillin makes it all better!

judyinohio

Aug-26

And if you rescue cats you should certainly be up to date with tetanus ....

I thought that was just for when you stepped on a rusty nail?

judyinohio

Aug-27

Tetanus booster shots are for dirty puncture wounds and that would include a bite from a cat or a dog.

(Pokes from a needle or a pin are not considered "dirty" wounds".)

CC (ccase5)

Aug-27

well the Hurricane has missed us so I can go get the shot now. just have to reach my Doctor's office again which takes awhile. I slept better last night, so that helped me a lot.