Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Prescription glasses online   Off-Topic Chat

Started Aug-27 by Midkid5; 468 views.
Midkid5

Aug-27

Has anyone ordered prescrption glasses online / or can recommend an online site?  Would like to have a pair of prescription sunglasses but looking for something a little less expensive than what would have to pay at the eye doctors office.

Jo

Judy (DJZMOM)

Aug-27

I haven't ordered glasses online.  But if you have access to Costco they often do a special where you can order 2 pair for a special price.  It's not 2 for 1 but I think 2nd pair was $20 or $40 less.  My husband needed new glasses so chose nice glasses from Costco and then was able to add sunglasses as the 2nd pair.  Another time my college son ordered new glasses and his second pair were computer/school glasses.  We have also been able to get "simple" repairs done right at the Optical counter at Costco for glasses we purchased there.  My 88yo mom is also pleased with the glasses she and my dad have purchased there.

I think a neighbor has ordered online so as I have opportunity to catch them I'll ask where they ordered from.

Midkid5

Aug-27

Thanks Judy, not a Costco member,really just want some to come to me rather than having to go to the city to get them.

Jo

Suze (casuzenn)

Aug-28

I have ordered from Zenni and have been satisfied with them.

Yah..I KNOW they are Chinese and as a general rule, I am trying to NOT get stuff from China, just on principle...but..the glasses I have ordered from them come PDQ and they are so inexpensive. You need to know a few things to be able to order...like your PD numbers (Puplillary Distance - the distance your pupils are from the midline of your nose) in addition to the prescription..but most eye doctors will give that to you ... or they have way to measure it yourself on their website..

I wear progressive lenses...whole shebang, out the door from Zenni was $97...eye dr wanted more than $300...

Judy (DJZMOM)

Aug-28

Midkid5 said...

Thanks Judy, not a Costco member,really just want some to come to me rather than having to go to the city to get them.

I completely understand.  Hopefully someone will pop in with some to check out.

latterberry

Aug-28

I love the glasses I got at Costco.  Less than half the price of those from the eye doctor and the service is so good.  My DD has ordered from Zenni and was pleased with them too.

CC (ccase5)

Aug-29

wanted to ask, re: Costo has Doctors to do an eye test? I know if i end up getting hearing aides one day i will get the Rx for them and then get the aids there. but do i need to get an Eye Doctor to test me and then go? Not a member yet but will be one day soon. Thanks.
latterberry

Aug-29

I go to my eye doctor then get the prescription from him to take to Costco.  So much cheaper that way.  Not sure if our costco has an eye dr. to give the exam.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Aug-29

CC (ccase5) said...

re: Costo has Doctors to do an eye test?

Yes.  At ours it does have an independent eye Dr.  My son and husband are both very satisfied with her.

CC (ccase5)

Aug-29

thanks, that is what i thought. I"m sure Doctors don't like that but one must do what one must.
Oh, read next message. i guess i will have to stop in the one I drive by all the time and see about that. again, thanks.