Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Pet Bed Scraps   Quilting Swaps - Unsewn

Started Sep-13 by CozyQuilts; 280 views.
CozyQuilts

Sep-13

Is there anyone here in the group who makes pet beds for cats or dogs?  If so, I have 3 bags full of small scraps that can be used in the bedding.  The bags are Wal-Mart sized and full.  They are starting to take over what little free space I have left.  :D
If you want them, let me know privately and I will mail them for cost of postage.  Thank you!  
judyinohio

Sep-13

It would be easy enough for you to make a big "pillow" yourself and drop it off at your local Humane Society. That is what I did with this "pillow" years ago after I made a pair of scrappy quilts for my twin granddaughters.

Here's the "pillow" with a toy orangutan sitting on top:

Explain that the contents are 100% cotton and will ease the rest of an elderly four-legged resident who finds a concrete floor very painful. 

If you are shy about going to the Humane Society, just sneak over there some evening and drop the pillow off anonymously like you are dropping off a box of kittens. wink

Here's the pile of cotton scraps I started off with: I cut hundreds of three inch squares out of this mess, made the quilts for my twins and then stuffed the scraps from the scraps into the big pink "pillow" to give away.

CozyQuilts

Sep-13

Thank you for the idea, Judy, but I don't like making pet beds.  I'd rather just donate the scraps to someone who likes to make them.  

judyinohio

Sep-13

I don't shop at Wal-Mart so I guess I did not realize how many scraps you have.

CC (ccase5)

Sep-13

ask at a quilt shop or just take to a charity place.
latterberry

Sep-14

I remember those photos of the mountain of scraps!  I've lost track- how old are the girls now?  You have given me food for thought.  I should make a quilt for my 3 grandkids to be ready for their graduation.  I do't think I would make anything too difficult since they aren't really very sentimental and I'm not sure it would mean much to them.  And--it's college--thy just want to be warm not think of grandma's hugs.

judyinohio

Sep-14

The girls are high school seniors now. I made those quilts eight years ago fairly soon after I got Lily Aurora and was hot to trot with my long arm. 

viola (sissly4)

Sep-14

Do you live Peoria? I am in Arthur Illinois I will be here the whole month of September and maybe October yet I would like to see you somewhere or meet you I am going up to DeKalb when I get ready to leave. Let me know where you are.

latterberry

Sep-14

Well, now--that would be fun to meet up.  I'm always up for a little road trip and would be glad to come over to Arthur.  I have a good friend north of Arthur that is on my way over and I could stop and see her too. .  Let me know what works for you

judyinohio

Sep-14

Be sure a get a photo of this future Illinois in person gab session.