Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Prayers needed   General Discussion

Started Sep-15 by Pirate (PIRATE_SR); 251 views.
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Sep-15

One of Mr. Pirate's nieces has had a "mass" discovered in her breast.  She goes in for a biopsy in a week and results shortly thereafter.   She said there is a 33% chance it could be cancer.  Breast cancer has occurred in several women on that side of the family.  

She is a naturally stressed out person.  She is a horrible worry wart and tends to focus on the worst possible outcome.  She is switching jobs from southern California to up here, near us and the rest of her birth family (sister & Dad).  She's stressing over finding an affordable house for the 6 people in the household.  She's stressing over having a good school district for the kids.  She's stressing over commute time to the new job.  And now, this mass in her breast.  If there is something to stress over, she'll find it.

So, I would appreciate it if you would add Maureen Rodgers Jansky to any prayer chain you have.  

Judy (DJZMOM)

Sep-16

Thanks for sharing.  Got her covered!  Do let us know the outcome of her tests and if she needs to do some sort of treatment(s).  She sounds as if she is still young and that is obviously scary but also if it has been discovered early it is much more treatable that in years and generations past.  hugs...

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Sep-16

Part of what I'm worried about (besides the mass itself) is that she is a glass half-empty sort of person.  She is always looking for the worst case scenario; if something can go wrong, it will go wrong .. spectacularly.

I've tried to buoy her up and encourage her to not dwell on things for which we have absolutely no control .. .like this mass.  It's there.  Now, it will either be cancerous or not.  No amount of fussing or worrying or being fatalist about it will change that.   Worry about/deal with the outcome when the results come in and not a second sooner.

I know that is easy enough for an outside, 3rd party to say but thinking "bad" thoughts is detrimental to your health also.  In the same manner, if she can push it aside and/or think positive thoughts, *that* can have a healthy effect.

But I honestly don't think she's mentally wired that way.

So ... any and all positive thoughts from the outside, prayers for her ... are all appreciated.

latterberry

Sep-16

I will certainly put your niece on my prayer list.  It's too bad she has the glass half empty mindset.  My mom was just like that for the 60 years that I knew her an it wasn't going to change.  Attitude can have a big impact on your health.  Maybe being nearer to family will help her.

Prayers said and will continue.  Sounds like she and I have the same personality. I am slowly learning to turn more over to the Lord and LEAVE it there.

CC (ccase5)

Sep-16

Yes, certainly. stressing is not something that helps at all. Everyone try to pray that she settles down on everything so she can concentrate on herself and what she must do.
Judy (DJZMOM)

Sep-16

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said...

In the same manner, if she can push it aside and/or think positive thoughts, *that* can have a healthy effect.

THAT fact is so true and there have been studies showing the effect of a positive attitude and living with a positive support system.  

My birth family tends to look at the negatives, worst case scenarios and seek to analyze all the possible ways to prevent a bad outcome.  One even traveled on a plane with a plastic bag in his pocket so if they went down over water (flying to Hawaii) and the air bag didn't deploy correctly he thought he'd have a back up.  I can't live that way.  When someone in that same circle tells me of an incident with another person (like at work or in their "world") I most often respond with "perhaps that was a reaction that the didn't know you'd be sensitive to" or more blatantly "why do you assume that?".  But then I'm marked as mot living in the real world.  Anyway...  I try digress....

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said...

Part of what I'm worried about (besides the mass itself) is that she is a glass half-empty sort of person.  She is always looking for the worst case scenario; if something can go wrong, it will go wrong .. spectacularly.

I'll be praying she comes to believe that everything in her world and specifically her health isn't going to end up with the worst outcome.  And if she looks for the good - even in the many small things that surround us every day - she will be a happier person and see good moments in her world.  

Judy (DJZMOM)

Sep-16

Sandy in TX (Centergranny) said...

Sounds like she and I have the same personality. I am slowly learning to turn more over to the Lord and LEAVE it there.

And THAT my friend is the key!  The Lord directs our paths and wants us to find JOY in our journey.  He never promised life would be carefree and we would have not any troubles or trials.  You are wise to leave it with Him.