Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Remember the nesting robin?   Quilting Swaps - Unsewn

Started Sep-17 by latterberry; 1601 views.
latterberry

Sep-17

Several years ago a few of us participated in a nesting robin project   Kind of like a round robin but we kept our own quilt at home and someone told us what each round would be-- triangles, flora and fauna, curves etc..  We started with  a block or panel and then were told what the next round would be. Anyone remember this or who was the leader?  Anyway, after all this time I finally got around to getting mine quilted.  

judyinohio

Sep-17

Sorry, Lynne, but your space where there should be a photo is showing some sort of broken icon image ... a grey circle with a minus sign in the middle.  Please try again.

Midkid5

Sep-17

I believe it was Ami who led that.  I was always going to go back and do one as life was in the way at the time.  I was thinking about doing one earlier this summer but got notion to make some quilts for Christmas presents instead.

Jo

latterberry

Sep-17

Weird.  It showed up on mine. Did this work?

Midkid5

Sep-17

Lynn, it's a lovely quilt makes me think of a fancy flower garden.

Jo

judyinohio

Sep-17

Yes, indeedy, it certainly does!

Very crisp and lively looking. Looks like you had a fun time working on that one.

Mishii

Sep-17

That is fantastic!  Looks like it was a lot of fun too.

In reply toRe: msg 9
Suze (casuzenn)

Sep-17

Here is my Nesting Robin - 'Chicks in Red Shoes'  Very fun...we need to do something like this again!!

I interpreted the rounds a bit differently since I did not want to end up with a large quilt. Most of the rounds were just one side...though the next to the last one I did go all the way around the quilt!

All the chickens have red shoes...even the rickrack ones bordering the center panel (they are a bit hard to see!) Lots of buttons on this one too..