Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

I'm looking for Black and white quilts book...   General Discussion

Started Sep-18 by sueinIL; 870 views.
sueinIL

Sep-18

Well, more specifically, a pattern with birch branches and 3 cardinals.  It's a very minimalist design of repeating the same gray/white branches in each block and adding in a dash of cardinal red.  I'm not sure if the book is out of print (from 2012), but the few copies around are about double the price, and Thriftbooks says they might get 2 books every 6 months!

I would be entirely happy to buy one from any of you who have it and would part with it, even with notes and all! Thank you for considering, 

Sue in IL

ETA: The book is Quilts in Black and White, and it's by LeisureArts.

• Edited September 18, 2020 8:24 am  by  sueinIL
judyinohio

Sep-18

The title of the book is:

Quilting in Black and White
$17.95

SKU# 5608

Black and white quilts have become a hot new trend for quilters of all ages. A seemingly simple pattern can be dramatically updated merely by adding a little black and white fabric into the design. The book includes projects that are completely black and white, and also includes designs that have splashes of color, or just splashes of black and white. Quilters will love the variety of designs and clear instructions. Techniques include applique, patchwork, and foundation piecing. 16 projects by various designers: Dramatic Impact (7 hot pads), Cat at Play, Sophisticated Crazy Patch, Night and Day, Starry Lane, Black and White Plus Red, In the Pink, My Rose of Sharon, Children‚s Silhouette, and White Birches.

don't have the book, but that quilt is very nice.  We have a family of cardinals that hang around our place, chasing all the other birds away from the feeder.  A few times they've built their nest INSIDE our chimney - very strange sounds.

sueinIL

Sep-18

Thank you for posting the picture, Judy!  I have a terrible time posting pictures and photos to this site.  Glad you could "get it out there" for me!

Sue in IL

In reply toRe: msg 4
sueinIL

Sep-18

I wish I could find it for $17.95!  It seems to be out of stock in the places I've looked. Thanks for keeping an eye out for me.

Sue in IL

sueinIL

Sep-18

They have a very identifiable chirp just in the trees; I can imagine what it sounds like inside a chimney!

Sue in IL

In reply toRe: msg 6
sueinIL

Sep-18

You guys!!!  I just bought a copy on ebay for $12.99 and shipping of $3.33!  Altogether less than the book originally cost!  I'm really amazed and happy!

Sue in IL

I find the best things when I am looking for something entirely different.  I just saw this, and it reminded me of the one you were looking for (and ultimately found).  It's from a UK website that I subscribe to.

Robin and Rose Hips applique KIT

sueinIL

Sep-18

Oh, I like that one, too!  Wonder why I like wintry scenes and colors, but not the season.

Sue in IL

Sue that is awesome. The cardinals in the trees are so cute.