Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What's worse than sewing without bobbin thread?   General Discussion

Started Sep-18 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 356 views.

Noticing you forgot to quilt the last row as you are about to trim the backing.  Yikes.  I actually had the rotary cutter lined up when I noticed something was wrong - those shirts looked loose & puffy - WHAT!   Apparently I had basted the bottom of the quilt, got distracted then took it off the frame thinking I had finished.  Thank goodness I hadn't cut ye - not sure how I would have reloaded it on my frame otherwise.  

CC (ccase5)

Sep-18

ha, ha, ha. I would never make that mistake! don't have a long arm, he,he. sorry, just had to do that.
good thing you spotted that!
Mishii

Sep-18

I had to reload a quilt that already had the binding on.  Got it all finished and noticed I hadn't quilted an entire block.  I was very irritated.

In reply toRe: msg 3

Yep I have reloaded a quilt that was done too......not fun. I finished a quilt yesterday and usually take it off the machine but I was too tired to examine it carefully first so am gonna go on Monday to check it carefully and unload it.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Sep-21

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said:

Noticing you forgot to quilt the last row as you are about to trim the backing.

Good catch!!!

Judy (DJZMOM)

Sep-21

Yikes!!!  Good catch.

well it wasn't the last one.  ON 2 quilts there was 1 row right at the start where the top thread was loose & loopy but then corrected.  And one the 3rd one - see I posted a different topid here - see what you think.  It will make the 4th quilt out of 6 that I had to reload.  I'm getting good at it.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Sep-21

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said:

It will make the 4th quilt out of 6 that I had to reload.  I'm getting good at it.

Easier to load when they are all together.relaxed

tuckyquilter

Sep-22

Yikes..  I think we all have a "cutting" story from some time or another.