Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

New light recommendation   General Discussion

Started Sep-22 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 132 views.

Wanted to share this nifty light I found.  I was trying to use a table lamp to help me see when I saw sawing black binding on with black thread.  But it always seemed to be in the way.  Found this on Amazon and am pretty pleased for the price ($10).  It came with a couple of metal discs and double stick adhesive so I didn't have to rig anything to attach it to my plastic sewing machine cover.  I wish there had been instructions on how the circles and adhesive were designed to be use.  It took me a couple of tries to realize I had to remove the paper from the back of the metal as well as from the adhesive disc so that it was adhesive to adhesive.  The metal disc kept swiveling off but now it's stuck tight.  Also it does generate a bit of heat  which is very noticeable as I have it positioned so that it shines on the needle, pretty close to my face. 

But still it's easy to remove when I don't need it and the light is bright enough I can finally see.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G2ZQN1B/####?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Looks good. Being able to see detail is pretty important.