Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Excitement of a new project   General Discussion

Started Sep-28 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 572 views.

I really did intend to finish the needle turn project.  Really.  I only have 5 more little flowers left.  But I was laying this out and thought, oh I'll just do a little bit, just a little.  Hmmm.  Now I can't keep my hands off it.  all the fabric is "LQS quality" and it really does crease very nicely.  

I'm going to have to force myself to finish the other one.  this is just SOOOOO much easier than the teeny tiny little needle turn pieces left on the other "forever" project. 

that is a glass head pin in the picture to give you an idea of scale - darn those seams are tiny.

Plus we're getting new furniture and now I don't know that it will work where I had originally intended to put it.  So I'm having to rethink how to finish this - it will probably go in the "aging" pile for a while until the furniture arrives in Nov.  All reasons to not be in a hurry to finish.  (yes that's rationalization).

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Sep-28

BWAHAHAHAHAAAAA!

Oh my, yes!   Being distracted by the NEW!  BRIGHT! SHINY! project is a real problem.  BTDT.  :-)

Love both of them, BTW.

Msg 3647.3 deleted

Dee that looks amazing. I know the feeling of a new project you love and wanting to work on it. 

LindaPutt

Sep-28

Love your red and beige block, Dee!

thanks Linda.  It reminds me a little bit of one of your quilts, didn't you do one that was red & beige, with embroidery maybe?  

LindaPutt

Sep-29

Um, I think you got me.  I'm sitting in my family room, and looking around I have 3 red & beige quilts hanging on the walls here, and 2 more hanging on the walls around the corner in the living room, plus I have a few more waiting to be quilted.  A few of them have shades of green thrown in too.  I didn't even realize I had so many - LOL.  It's my favorite color combination so I guess I shouldn't be so surprised.

that's funny, I knew I remembered seeing at least one.  This is very different color pallet for me.  I helped a friend who was cleaning out her stash.  I wanted to purchase a few of her red fabrics because my stash was so thin on that color.  But she only wanted to sell in batches/lots.  So in order to get what I wanted I had to take  a bunch of others.  They were all in a basket together and it got me to thinking how calm they looked.  and here we are.  I think I'm only going to do 4 or 6 blocks and mix them in with some pieced blocks, but not sure what that's going to look like yet.

LindaPutt

Sep-29

What a beautiful batch of reds.  I'm kinda jealous.