Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Jack's chain?   General Discussion

Started Oct-8 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 545 views.

Ok way too much time to look around Pintrest - found this pattern that I had never heard about.  Whoah, so fun.    this example is one made as a raffle quilt by a guild in Houston.   Yes lots of inset triangles.  Still you can make the 9 patches using leader/ender method.  Hmmmm.

Here is the pattern on Marcia's Quilter's Cache site - come on doesn't it look FUN! 

In reply toRe: msg 1

and one for Judy in OH  

That does look like fun.  With the multi-colored backgrounds, you notice the little white squares more and the circles they make.  With the cream background, you notice the individual little 9-patches more.  Almost looks like 2 totally different patterns.  Both are very cute.  Could you make it an I SPY by using fussy-cut hexagons and half-hexagons in the centers?   

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Oct-8

Yeah, I gave that pattern more than a passing thought years ago.   I'm still thinking.

I'm thinking it would be fun to make a bunch of little 9 patches by machine, then hand piece the y-seams.  Definitely you could do an I spy in the centers but I usually don't want to spend That much time on them.  Maybe some very favorite ones for my someday grandchild (not hold breath here).

just realized they aren't quite the same.  The two bright ones above are actually the pattern "ring cycles" and there are places where the cicles touch and two triangles are sewn together. 

Jack's chain has an octagon between the cirlces, you can see it in Marcia's layout.  Man talk about secondary patterns.  Makes your eyes spin!

I've seen it on Bonnie Hunter's site. But I think there's a Y seam, and it's not something I wanna tackle. I just admire :) 

I have a feeling you won't be making just ONE quilt for EACH of your GKs one of these days.  hehehe  

judyinohio

Oct-8

You are so naughty to suggest this for me, Dee.