Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Trying to catch up...   General Discussion

Started Oct-30 by GingerbreadG; 861 views.
GingerbreadG

Oct-30

Hello Everyone!

I'm trying to get caught up on the goings on here.  It's been a while since I've been able to regularly check in.  With the covid-19 precautions in place I have been staying home. I haven't worked at the hospital since February.   My Mom who is now 85 came to live with us a year ago august.  Sadly she is declining almost daily.  So, I take one day at a time. 

On the bright side,  I've spent a LOT of time in my sewing room!  Judy you'd be proud of me!  I actually did some serious organizing in there!  On my archeological digs I found lots of hidden/forgotten gems!  Patterns I wanted to do...fabrics I wanted to use, etc.  So....I kitted up projects!  Using ONLY my stash.  I didn't buy a single thing!!  I've finished off a lot of ufo's too.  So far I've finished (bindings and all) 7 quilts!  I've still got lots more to do! But it's awesome to just look in the closet and pull out a tote box (that's labeled with the project and what stage it's in!) and grab and go! 

I hope you all find lots of positives even with all the negatives!!

TTFN!

Gail

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Oct-30

Hiya, Gail. :-)

It *is* a terrific feeling of virtuous accomplishment to get those UFOs checked off.   I had done the same thing for quite a while before I took a hiatus.  

One thing you can be certain of: the UFOs that you don't work on will remain waiting ever-so-patiently for your return. :-)

Gail it is such a good feeling to be organized and have a plan for your projects. 

I am sorry to hear your mom is not doing well. Treasure the time you have with her.

judyinohio

Oct-30

I was grinning as I read about your results from organizing.  Glad to see that I get some credit for that but you and I know that you are the worker bee that did the actual work of getting the job done. I just reminded you that you would have a good time once you "got the lead out", so to speak.

Does your mother snuggle in a quilt as a "quilt tester" when you finish it?

Very nice!! :D Welcome back!

GingerbreadG

Oct-31

Judy, 

My Mom gets buried under enough quilts to flatten her!  We worry we are going to melt her!  I tell her if I need to call 911 I'm removing half of the quilts or they will charge me with elder abuse!!  Her favorite one is one I made for my Dad.  He loved it so much it brings her a lot of comfort.  She has used that every night....even during the summer.  At 85 she's pretty much cold all the time.  I haven't been able to wear any of my sweaters, fleece pants etc.  or I'll be the one melting! 

TTFN!

G

bornblesse2

Oct-31

Gail,  my mother is also declining rapidly.  She lives far from me and my siblings are caring for my parents.  But it is such a heartache watching them decline.

quarantine has had me pulling out some ufos.  But also days just accomplishing nothing much at all.

Gail older people do feel cold. I know I always feel colder than those around me. By the time I reach your mom's age I will need a heated snowsuit.

GingerbreadG

Nov-2

Sending you lots of love and hugs!  It is horrible watching it...but I also think how horrible for them actually going through it.  We are so lucky we can keep her here with us.  I'm a nurse so I'm able to keep her home.  It's the hardest thing I've ever done though.  I'm so grateful I have my quilting!  It's my therapy.  Hang in there and feel free to reach out any time you want to!

Hugs,

Gail

GingerbreadG

Nov-2

Ami I'm just the opposite.  I was always cold....now I'm warm all the time!!  Leave it to me....got it backwards!!!

TTFN!!

Gail