Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

19th ANNUAL VALLEY OF THE SUN QUILTING RETREAT Feb 19-21-2021   News and Announcements

Started Oct-31 by KSCarolyn; 67658 views.

It's ok. So I'm doing hospice nursing, Judy. People live ALL over...I may travel >1 hr between clients sometimes. I got 298 mi last week. It's a lot, as I'm not a driver. But it's very rewarding, as you have time to actually spend with the people, establish relationships with the client and their families, etc. I'll be moving to Case Manager, which is in charge of an LPN, a HHA (aide) and ~30 clients. My job will be to travel to see them, assess them, admit when needed, death visits when needed, etc. Current job is on call RN with same company...so I guess it's a promotion because there are more responsibilities. :D 

LindaPutt

Jan-29

Thanks Shelley.  Yes, it was so unexpected.  He was just retired for a year.  He had a good last year of his life in spite of covid though, so that was a comfort.  He bought a truck with a camper on it, and he and his wife took it fishing and camping.  His house is in upstate New York so there are all kinds of great fishing locations within driving distance.

Suze (casuzenn)

Jan-29

Oh...I don't remember if I offered my condolences at the time of your brother's passing...If I didn't please accept them now.. Totally unexpected to have a younger sibling pass before...that had to be a shock...

Kim D. (KIMDIG)

Jan-29

I'm not sure where she got her shot Cathy, but she told me she received the email as well.  Unfortunately she tried to make the appointment online several times, but everything was full.  She does work a full time job so I know she can't look it up during the day, she has to do that at night.  She said, she was still trying to get her appointment the other day and was frustrated there were still no appointments.   

Kim D. (KIMDIG)

Jan-29

lppenguins said:

Well I’m trying to get it finished. But now I’m a Granny Nanny Bethany got a new full time job (still remote- whew).   Time will tell

That's great Bethany got a new full time job and remote as well.  I guess it's a blessing to have you there to watch the little guy.  Sew while he's asleep if that's possible, maybe he'll sleep to the sound of your machine purring.  :) 

Edited to add: I'll put you down to finish, but no pressure.  

Kim D. (KIMDIG)

Jan-29

YDritch said:

My DB passed away on Tuesday this week and the graveside service is this afternoon.  I'm still in a fog.

(((((Yetta))))  So sorry to hear about your dear brother.   Virtual hugs and bumping elbows.

Kim D. (KIMDIG)

Jan-29

LindaPutt said:

I'm sorry for the loss of your brother Yetta.  My youngest brother passed away the end of October and it was such a shock  I know what you mean about being in a fog.  Sending hugs your way.

I'm so sorry to hear about your brother Linda!  Virtual hugs to you as well.  

Kim D. (KIMDIG)

Jan-29

karensquilte said:

I did have a sore arm and the chills the first nite.  Okay the next day.

I'm glad to hear you're okay after the shot Karen.   

Kim D. (KIMDIG)

Jan-29

Mel Harris (MelHarris1) said:

Good news: I am getting a "promotion" for case manager with a small pay hike. It'll be Mon-Fri, "days", with one week of call every 6 weeks.  Still driving, but...

Congratulations Mel!  Good Job!

KSCarolyn

Jan-30

It's too bad your friend is having trouble making her second appointment for the virus shot.  When I got my first shot they made the appointment for my second shot as I was checking out after the 15 minute waiting period.  I know it is very hard to get an appointment through the website here.  Every Thursday at 12 Noon the website opens up to schedule appointments for the next week.  I guess they are only scheduling a week at a time.  My son wanted me to try to schedule an appointment for his father in law.  I was sitting by the computer at exactly 12 Noon last Thursday and I managed to snag an appointment for him before all the appointment times were taken.  They scheduled all 600 appointments within 7 minutes and closed down the website until next Thursday.  Am I good or what??

Carolyn