Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

19th ANNUAL VALLEY OF THE SUN QUILTING RETREAT Feb 19-21-2021   News and Announcements

Started Oct-31 by KSCarolyn; 29092 views.
YDritch

Nov-7

KSCarolyn said:

Each day I'm better than the day before.

That's wonderful news, Carolyn.  We need you!

LindaPutt

Nov-8

Has anyone heard how Denise is doing?

Mishii

Nov-8

I haven't requested a form.  I'm so late now, the decision might be made for me.

I'm just worried with everyone in a mask and very far apart that I won't be able to hear anything so it will be like sitting alone in a big room with a party going on around me.  Ugh

Hey request the form and send it in. I would love to come converse with you at the proper distance. I too am struggling with masks as I now can no longer read lips. Had my hearing tested and it was not good but the hearing aids were thru the roof so I am gonna have my hearing tested again at Costco and get the hearing aids there. I would spring for the other aids but they only have a life of 4 years...crazy. 

KSCarolyn

Nov-8

I talked to Cathy and she expects to be going home today.  She is just waiting for the cardiologist to bless her discharge.  Cathy also said Denise is doing fine.  I guess they got rid of the blood clots and put two stints in her leg, that is all I know for now.  

Carolyn

• Edited November 8, 2020 2:42 pm  by  KSCarolyn
KSCarolyn

Nov-8

Amy, I did a lot of research before I got my hearing aids and I found that Costco had the best price, best reviews and the aids are made by the same companies that make the high dollar hearing aids.  Gary and I both had Costco hearing aids and liked them just fine.  I would buy them there again.  Most hearing aids have a life expectancy of 5 years but I had had mine much longer than that and have had no problems.  

Carolyn

• Edited November 8, 2020 2:43 pm  by  KSCarolyn
LindaPutt

Nov-8

Thank you for the update on both Cathy and Denise.  What a year this has been !

LindaPutt

Nov-8

Thanks for sharing that info about Costco Carolyn.  I have been putting off getting them myself.  I think people are getting tired of me saying "what did you say" all the time, so I guess I should start thinking about getting them.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Nov-8

LindaPutt said:

I think people are getting tired of me saying "what did you say" all the time

Make yourself a sign, on a stick, that says, "WHAT?" and hold it up when you can't hear them.  Save your vocal chords. :-)

Misha (MISHAMISHA)

Nov-8

My hearing is funny. I can hear the smallest sounds, but I can’t understand what my husband is saying. So apparently it’s just a specific range that is missing, which…coincidentally?…is the pitch of his voice. He keeps telling me that I should get hearing aids. I have trouble with the TV, and if there’s background noise I have an even bigger problem, so I know that there are issues. I did have my hearing tested a few years ago, I guess maybe I should have it retested so we can compare.