Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

19th ANNUAL VALLEY OF THE SUN QUILTING RETREAT Feb 19-21-2021   News and Announcements

Started Oct-31 by KSCarolyn; 67729 views.
Judy (DJZMOM)

Feb-5

LABFIEND said...

Just not a fan of raw edge applique for a quilt to use.

I get that.  I have not either.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Feb-5

bornblesse2 said...

We are hoping everyone coming will Have been careful about potential exposures...

I have been planning to be mostly home, as I have been, but DH and I have to travel to TX this weekend.  His cousin passed away after a long illness and hardly any of the extended Akers family from CO are able to attend.  DH he feels he needs to go to represent his aunt/uncle, his own brother and the deceased's immediate brothers.  If you would rather I not attend I understand but we really need to do this.

Hostesses (or any others)...  let me know what you advise or want me to do.  I will comply.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Feb-5

Ah, Judy.  I am so sorry to hear of this.  It just seems as though the bad news won't  stop 

KSCarolyn

Feb-5

Judy (DJZMOM) said:

If you would rather I not attend I understand but we really need to do this.

As long as you are wearing masks and using social distancing, and I know you are, I don't see a problem.  I think all that Ellen meant was to be careful.  We are discouraging a lot of in and out shopping, etc., at the retreat for everyone's safety.

Carolyn

Are we planning to have cutting/ironing stations, or we do all that at our private station? Either is fine, just figuring out what to pack. Also, if it's at the private one, will there be things like rotary blades or do we need to check them? 

I have a couple quilt tops pre-cut so I can just work away, but you know there's always some trimming. :D 

Kim D. (KIMDIG)

Feb-5

Congrats on your GGD Linda!  Sorry she is having trouble with the regular formula.  I'm glad you have her on a better path now. 

I'm also sorry to hear Rick is having surgery for his aortic valve.  Thinking of you both and will keep you in my prayers for a good outcome and speedy recovery. 

Kim D. (KIMDIG)

Feb-5

Ami_Quilts (sewingupasto) said:

Mark is actually doing really well now that they fixed the afib. Pretty amazing how much energy he has gained back and how much better he feels. He is in a much better mood. 

That's such great news Ami!  Yay! 

Kim D. (KIMDIG)

Feb-5

Such a sweet photo!  I'm glad Zahn has taken to the new baby.  

Kim D. (KIMDIG)

Feb-5

I sent my order back also..  

Kim D. (KIMDIG)

Feb-5

keddykat75 said:

I don’t think I will be bringing a challenge entry. I can’t find anything in my stash to go with it. I spent an afternoon yesterday trying something only to scrap the whole thing. I won’t have more time to try again.

So sorry!  That fabric is so ugly it's sort of an albatross. Oops!  Did I actually say that?   Running and ducking....

But we will miss having an entry from you.