Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

19th ANNUAL VALLEY OF THE SUN QUILTING RETREAT Feb 19-21-2021   News and Announcements

Started Oct-31 by KSCarolyn; 30883 views.
LABFIEND

Nov-3

I lived dangerously also, dropped my envelope in the inside box yesterday, hopefully it will be correctly postmarked!!

LeeAnn (mom1me2)

Nov-3

Carolyn, 

mine is in the mail, yesterday morning.  I was having a brain fart and put wrong ‘board name ‘ on it. I put mom1kid2....... I have had a very gassy brain lately.

Mine hasn't hand stamped for years, so I just dropped in the box on my way to work monday. Hopefully we'll be safe!

In reply toRe: msg 49
YDritch

Nov-3

Anyone having trouble getting the hotel reservation?  I was on hold forever and then transferred to another line only to hear they were having technical difficulties and to try my call later.  This has been going on since yesterday.

It's been going on for a few YEARS now.  I have had similar trouble reaching the hotel for a reservation for the past 2-3 years.  

Wow 19 years. That really is amazing.  With my job situation I just dont know about February.  I am likely to be starting a new job about that time but who knows. I will be chearing you guys on from the sidelines again this year tho.  Dont forget me, I will be back at some point.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Nov-4

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said:

I am likely to be starting a new job about that time but who knows

oh?  do you have something lined up that you can share with us?

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

oh?  do you have something lined up that you can share with us?

no, I'm still working on "winding down" P1.  And that is the official term, who knew.  I was supposed to be through 11/20, but now I am being told they want me to stay until at least mid-December.  I am not planning on looking until January regardless.  I've already gotten quite a few recruiters reach out to me via LinkedIn, so as long as I'm not to ridiculously picky I think I will find something.  All but a few of the folks have found new places, so that seems a good sign. 

viola (sissly4)

Nov-4

I  also will be chearing on the side line this year. I just don't feel comfortable with this covid-19 and my dad conditioner.I might have to go to IL .So I decide  to stay home and left somebody else come in my place.

KSCarolyn

Nov-4

Wait a while before making your reservation.  I usually make my reservation before posting the invitation on the forum so that we will be in the system.  Because of my medical procedure, I posted the invitation before making my reservation and now I can't get anyone from the hotel to call me back to get our group rate into their system.  I have left 3 messages to the group rate person to call me and she doesn't return my call.  Remember the good old days when Jim owned the hotel and the service was outstanding, those days are long gone.  ::sigh::  I will let you know when you can make your reservation.  

Carolyn