Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

19th ANNUAL VALLEY OF THE SUN QUILTING RETREAT Feb 19-21-2021   News and Announcements

Started Oct-31 by KSCarolyn; 29261 views.
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Nov-4

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said:

I am likely to be starting a new job about that time but who knows

oh?  do you have something lined up that you can share with us?

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

oh?  do you have something lined up that you can share with us?

no, I'm still working on "winding down" P1.  And that is the official term, who knew.  I was supposed to be through 11/20, but now I am being told they want me to stay until at least mid-December.  I am not planning on looking until January regardless.  I've already gotten quite a few recruiters reach out to me via LinkedIn, so as long as I'm not to ridiculously picky I think I will find something.  All but a few of the folks have found new places, so that seems a good sign. 

viola (sissly4)

Nov-4

I  also will be chearing on the side line this year. I just don't feel comfortable with this covid-19 and my dad conditioner.I might have to go to IL .So I decide  to stay home and left somebody else come in my place.

KSCarolyn

Nov-4

Wait a while before making your reservation.  I usually make my reservation before posting the invitation on the forum so that we will be in the system.  Because of my medical procedure, I posted the invitation before making my reservation and now I can't get anyone from the hotel to call me back to get our group rate into their system.  I have left 3 messages to the group rate person to call me and she doesn't return my call.  Remember the good old days when Jim owned the hotel and the service was outstanding, those days are long gone.  ::sigh::  I will let you know when you can make your reservation.  

Carolyn

Awww, you won't have ANY problem getting a new gig.  Be sure to use Bruce S. as a referral!  *g*

I've been gratified how many recruiters have already contacted me.  Nothing I was interested in tho.  One place was in Denton (pretty sure it was Sally Beauty) - um, no.  Another was 100% remote, I'd only have to go to corporate once a quarter (so they say now) - where's corporate?  Boston.  Um no. 

Right now I'm leaning towards consulting.  I'm really really liking working from home and not supervising anyone.  Tell me what to do and then go away and let me do it.  And be suitable impressed when I'm done (hahaha).

Yes, it looks like C-19 has dragged certain business offices into the 21st Century kicking and screaming, and working remotely will be the main way everyone in "office" jobs will do it from now on.  I always thought that would happen someday, but didn't know it would take something so dramatic to make it the "norm."  

It won't be long before the right thing will come along for you.  

I'm still doing part-time transcription for Mr. Smith in the mornings.  He never shuts up.  LOL  And they keep paying my invoices, so it gives me some good extra income to supplement my SS.  

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Nov-4

Dee, DD#3 works for Price, Waterhouse, Cooper as a "seasonal ", independent CPA.  They call it "Flexible Talent Network " and she works out of her place.   It's corporate taxes, not personal.

She says other firms offer seasonal employment but they’re 1099.

Although, DD's has been doing 2 seasonal gigs per year, I think, if she wanted to, she could be working more.

Would you like me to put the two of you in contact with each other?

Viola:  I believe I will be sitting this one out too, for various reasons.  I did not even send in a deposit this time.  I'm going to have a two-week visit with my sister in Kentucky around Christmas, and after that I will be saving my money for house things and a possible cruise later in the year.  For two years, I have been talking to Patty and Carolyn about Patty and me coming up to Carolyn's place in Kansas for a visit.  Now that I am retired, I can do that without having to request PTO days - yay!  Oh, I just want some of those chicken noodles and other delicious dishes at the diner they are always talking about.  haha 

I hope everyone who gets to attend will have a great time in February.

Prayers for your Dad, and for you, as you travel back and forth so often.  Stay safe!  *hugs*   

Kim:  If we do not attend, can we still send in our pieces for the ugly fabric challenge?  

Thanks.

Jonna