Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

19th ANNUAL VALLEY OF THE SUN QUILTING RETREAT Feb 19-21-2021   News and Announcements

Started Oct-31 by KSCarolyn; 26594 views.

I am planning on coming as well. Just need to figure out some kits to work on. I have lots of small portable size sewing tools and gadgets. I will be driving so do not need to worry about how much I can bring. I am pretty sure I will have a piecing project as well as handwork.

Yup our tree cutting was quite the feat. It went on for months. DH even got me my own little chain saw so I could manage the smaller trees. We had firewood for a long time and wood burning fireplace was our primary heating.

I hope you rib heals quickly. That must be really painful.

Kim D. (KIMDIG)

Nov-5

JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt) said:

Kim:  If we do not attend, can we still send in our pieces for the ugly fabric challenge?   Thanks. Jonna

Hi Jonna,

We will be discussing this at our next hostess meeting on 11/20/20 and I will post after the meeting to let everyone know.  

bornblesse2

Nov-5

Suze,  I too have an idea for my challenge.  But truth be told.  I just am NOT getting into my sewing room.  My mojo just isn’t calling me.

call me lazy.

Kim D. (KIMDIG)

Nov-5

Suze (casuzenn) said:

Fortunately I did not injure myself until the very last day we were loading stuff - stupidly I reached down to pull a stuck rock out of the dog enclosure and pulled a rib out of place again...geeze louise, those suckers are so easy to disjoint on me! Hopefully it won't take another bout with a cold and its attendant vigorous coughing to knock it back into place (that is what happened with the one that was out of joint at the last Retreat )

Oh my goodness, the pulled rib out of place sounds dreadful!  I remember my dad had a broken rib once and he said, it was the most painful thing he ever experienced.  I hope you get it back in place and heal up soon.    

keddykat75

Nov-5

Sounds like a ton of work!  I hope to see you in February.  My son just announced that he is quitting wrestling so now I don't even have to feel bad for being gone during the state championship.

In reply toRe: msg 74
YDritch

Nov-5

Just tried calling the hotel again for reservations...and yes, I do miss the good old days.  Clerk was unable to help and said only the General Manager could take group reservations and she was gone for the day!  Not bad for 11.30 in the morning.  

Clerk finally agreed to take my name and number and leave a message for the GM to call me tomorrow.  GM will be in tomorrow but the clerk did not know when.

I think I saw where Carolyn said there should be less trouble for others once she was able to get her own reservation in, maybe in a few more days.  

That's ok.  I have contacts with PWC here - actually they want me to pay them right now. hahah. 

If I had a tax background I could have my pick, but unfortunately I am not fond of tax accounting and have been able to avoid all but the most basic knowledge.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Nov-5

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said:

If I had a tax background I could have my pick, but unfortunately I am not fond of tax accounting and have been able to avoid all but the most basic knowledge.

Bwahaaaaa!   Play to your own strength, Dee.  :-)