Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

19th ANNUAL VALLEY OF THE SUN QUILTING RETREAT Feb 19-21-2021   News and Announcements

Started Oct-31 by KSCarolyn; 31379 views.
In reply toRe: msg 74
YDritch

Nov-5

Just tried calling the hotel again for reservations...and yes, I do miss the good old days.  Clerk was unable to help and said only the General Manager could take group reservations and she was gone for the day!  Not bad for 11.30 in the morning.  

Clerk finally agreed to take my name and number and leave a message for the GM to call me tomorrow.  GM will be in tomorrow but the clerk did not know when.

I think I saw where Carolyn said there should be less trouble for others once she was able to get her own reservation in, maybe in a few more days.  

That's ok.  I have contacts with PWC here - actually they want me to pay them right now. hahah. 

If I had a tax background I could have my pick, but unfortunately I am not fond of tax accounting and have been able to avoid all but the most basic knowledge.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Nov-5

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said:

If I had a tax background I could have my pick, but unfortunately I am not fond of tax accounting and have been able to avoid all but the most basic knowledge.

Bwahaaaaa!   Play to your own strength, Dee.  :-)

In reply toRe: msg 61
LindaPutt

Nov-5

I'm sad to say I'll be sitting this one out too.  Due to several autoimmune issues, my doctor has told me not to go out until I get the vaccine (and who knows when that will actually be widely available).

I haven't even been to the grocery store this whole time - Rick has been doing the shopping.  Thankfully I've still been able to walk at the park that's a block from our house, so haven't been completely shut in, but it's getting lonely, and the days are all blending together.

I'd dearly love to go to retreat and have some girlfriend time.  I will miss you guys!

LindaPutt

Nov-5

That sounds like heavy work Suze.  I bet it looks "purdy" though. 

LindaPutt

Nov-5

Oh no, not again.  I hope you get it in fast - can the chiropractor help?

LindaPutt

Nov-5

Me too Ellen.  I've gotten a lot of books read though.

Suze (casuzenn)

Nov-5

not sure I would GO to a chiropractor at this point...sigh...that is tooooo 'hands on'...and I am trying my darnest to stay 6 feet from everyone except for the techs for the lab work I need to get done and then I lather up with sanitizer when they finish and before I even leave the lab...

Haven't even gone to my Dr since March - funny thing is I just found out she is no longer with my medical plan so I have to pick another Dr...oh joy...

if tax was the only thing to do in accounting, I would have changed my degree.  Took 1 tax class and realized I hated it, even though I liked the teacher.  I kind of thought DS would be good at tax, but he didn't like it either.  Wants to do audit because he thinks he can travel.  Not so much of that happening these days.