Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

applique done with close ups for Linda P b/c she loves red & beige :-)   Show and Tell

Started Nov-6 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 310 views.

I am officially done with the applique portion of DD's red/beige quilt.  I added a little bit of embroidery where it seemed to need it but I'm moving on now.  It was fun, a little sad I'm done with the applique but not enough to make 3 more.  I am planning to add a narrow border around the string & applique blocks, then start making QST blocks tonight.  Then maybe some 4 or 9 patches for the next round.  Hope you enjoy.

Maybe I can bring it to the AZ retreat in 2022 and Linda can see it in person and we can talk about how much we love applique. blush

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Nov-6

really, really nice, Dee.  :-) heart_eyes

LindaPutt

Nov-6

Dee those are absolutely gorgeous!  I love the color, the applique, and also love how you put the string edges.  It makes the applique look like it pops up higher.  The embroidery makes a nice accent too.  The whole thing is just so, so pretty.

judyinohio

Nov-7

I can see the love in this quilt.

In reply toRe: msg 6

thanks everyone.  Appreciate the comments.  I do need some suggestions for the next round.  see separate post

And yes Judy, I am thinking of my dear daughter as I sew, imagining her curled up on her way too big for her apartment sofa with her sweet kittie.

judyinohio

Nov-7

You are now obligated to someday share a photo of DD, quilt, and kittie on the sofa.

sueinIL

Nov-7

Such beautiful work!  And patience! I have less of that these days. DD is going to love this quilt.

Sue in IL