Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

  • 6095
    MEMBERS
  • 145498
    MESSAGES
  • 7
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

other forums   Off-Topic Chat

Started Nov-6 by Pirate (PIRATE_SR); 311 views.
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

From: Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Nov-6

I don't really know what caused this thought to pop into my head but I thought I would look on Delphi for paper crafting forums.  Kinda like this one but for scrapbooking and card-making.  I figured if it was completely different subjects, it wouldn't be cheating on you guys. :-)

So, I looked for "scrapbooking"

DRStamping-Dedicated to Rubber Stamping Messages: 330185 (0 posted today) Members: 12184 (0 active today)


And then I looked for "card making"

The Craft Corner Messages: 37 (0 posted today) Members: 23 (0 active today)


And then because I couldn't QUITE believe that Delphi is as dead wrt crafting as it looked, I searched for "quilt":   

This is usOnline Quilting Guild Messages: 143046 (31 posted today) Members: 6086 (32 active today)

Quilting Forum Messages: 58920 (0 posted today) Members: 6925 (2 active today)

The Quilting Bee Messages: 279973 (0 posted today) Members: 1867 (5 active today)

Crochet, Tatting, Knitting, ETC! Messages: 66456 (0 posted today) Members: 1240 (0 active today)

Lavender, Literature and Lace Messages: 871494 (0 posted today) Members: 8907 (0 active today)

"Area 51" - Home of the Quilting UFO's Messages: 1956 (0 posted today) Members: 93 (1 active today)

Rosebud's Cottage Messages: 4019

...[Message truncated]
View Full Message

wow.  Forums definitely aren't what they used to be.  Kind of sad.  Remember when we used to have awards for the most talkative people, the most active threads, etc.  All a bit sleepy now.  Too much competition from FB groups & pintrest I fear. 

I have to admit I do enjoy seeing the pictures from the applique group I am a member of, but it's so large I don't feel like I know anyone.  I see Susan from Australia there on occasion tho.  Also I follow a group from my home town called the "oldtimers".  Fun to see/hear updates from old school friends, teachers.  folks I had forgotten about since I was a kid.  A couple of sisters are the moderators and post stuff from old yearbooks and old newspaper clippings as well as recent photos of our very small town as it is changing.  They very best of FB, no question.  sorry off topic

judyinohio

From: judyinohio

Nov-6

Your assessment of active forums is very interesting. And Dee's evaluation is probably very accurate about the influence of Facebook. I belonged to a polymer clay group on FB under a fake name for a brief spell but backed out after a few weeks because it was like being in a discombobulated high school pep rally; all fakey-pooh and not fun at all. Everybody liked everything.

Do you suppose a good percentage of those 31 messages posted on this forum today are related to the Retreat?

(Don't know about that for sure because I have put the Retreat thread on "Ignore".)

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

From: Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Nov-6

judyinohio said:

Do you suppose a good percentage of those 31 messages posted on this forum today are related to the Retreat?

It's quite possible.  But according to the "Today" discussions (11/6), there were 10 threads that were posted in.  However, unless I counted the messages dated today manually, I don't know the numbers.

Edit: I went back and counted.  :-)   There were 11 messages dated today in the Retreat thread.   That's 35%.   The other 65% were spread out over 9 threads.  I'd say that was pretty good.  :-)

Judy (DJZMOM)

From: Judy (DJZMOM)

Nov-11

WOW is right.  I would have thought during these last months of sheltering there would be lots of forum activity.

TOP