Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Hexies What they can do   Quilting Swaps - Unsewn

Started Nov-11 by Midkid5; 184 views.
Midkid5

Nov-11

Hexagons have six angles and six sides.  Hexie is not a word according to the dictionary. 

Quilters know that hexies can make beautiful quilts, in different sizes and many different designs.

Did you know that hexies can do a number of other things?  Hexies can create confidence and empowerment.  Hexies can help matriarchs be able to feed their families, making them able to stay in their home countries where they prefer to be cause that is where family is.

I have thought about a hexie project, I know I would find sewing the hexies together relaxing and fun.  Call me lazy but the thought of the prep work keeps pushing this project to the bottom of the bucket list, even with the simple instructions Pirate's shared.

I am in know way affiliated with the following organization, but came across their website the other day and found it interesting.  In the very least enjoy the eye candy.

one common thread.org

https://onecommonthread.org/

Sorry if the link doesn't work not knowledgeable in adding it correctly.

Jo

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Nov-12

That is amazing, Jo.

latterberry

Nov-12

Thank you for sharing that link.  Not only did it give beautiful quilts and kits to look at, but it also made me appreciate how good I've got it.  Although their circumstances were quite dire, the looks of pride on those ladies' faces waws precious.