Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Ideas needed   Quilting Challenges

Started Nov-15 by bornblesse2; 366 views.
bornblesse2

Nov-15

I have a long length of Winnie-the-Pooh border fabric from church for charity.  I want to make it into quick top and backing for kids quilt.

the border print is wide on one side and narrow on the other.  The thought I had this morning was that I could cut the borders print in half but not directly In Half - making the wide print border narrower and the small side wider.  Sew them together down the middle and use use one for the top and one for the backing.

kind of like this....

I have like about 5 yards, so I’d like to use this up.  But I want fast and easy.  Are there other creative ideas out there?  
just thought I’d ask!

judyinohio

Nov-15

Looks like a clever and efficient way to use up a five yard donation.  I'd say "Well done!!"

LABFIEND

Nov-15

I like it!  Didn't you have several other winnie the pooh blocks?  I found three blue FQ of winnie the pooh, more pastel tho, if you could use them.

• Edited November 15, 2020 12:50 pm  by  LABFIEND
bornblesse2

Nov-15

I just bordered one piece and have it a nice size.

I have two more pieces that I am putting together to make it into a nice kid size. But I have one chunk left.  Maybe yours and mine could make one more - because I’m not sure what iwill do with the last piece.

LABFIEND

Nov-16

If you can wait a little while, I will put it in the box I am going to send you, but i want to do a few more tops to fill it up.

bornblesse2

Nov-16

I can wait!  Not too much more will get done until January.

we meet today, but most of today was sorting, labeling, and getting things ready to go out!  It has been a long since we have been able to distributes our quilts!

besides, one of my ladies came in with 3 lap quilts that we got batting pieces and backing for.  Then she got them tied!  So today almost took care of itself!

oh, and guess what?  Two of my ladies asked at lunch today if we could meet 2x a month!  We may be a small number, but my ladies really Do  want to keep producing!  I laughed and asked her if we could keep up with the sewing?  She is game to keep at the simple tops she does!  So this is a real plus!

LABFIEND

Nov-16

Great!  Sounds like I need to get busy with tops.  Also, Cindy, Aunt Margaret's daughter, is making tops I told her you could use, so I hope you are ready.  I think she has 5 done so far, lap size.  Not all cotton, some are blends, but I didn't think you would mind.