Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Plaid applique top done and ready to start quilting   Show and Tell

Started Nov-16 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 2108 views.

All ready to start quilting.  The heart border took a little longer than expected.  Also I had added a red strip between the hearts and squares which I didn't like and decided to remove.  But all done now (including the binding ready), just have to go purchase some soft snugly fleece for the backing and get it loaded on the frame.

judyinohio

Nov-16

That is beautimous in the extreme!! heart

And a snuggly fleece backing??  You will melt your DD's heart for sure!two_hearts

In reply toRe: msg 3

thanks guys.  Appreciate all your input and encouragement.  It has been a fun journey.  I do love this kind of project, where I start out without any particularly clear idea of where I'm going:  a stack of fabrics that looked pleasing together, the desire to try a challenging applique pattern I had purchased years ago and the idea of trying a round robin style of construction/design.    It's been fun to see it all come together.

LABFIEND

Nov-16

Looks absolutely gorgeous!!

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Nov-16

Gosh, that looks *so* pretty!   You've done an outstanding job.  I love how you've really thought about how the different elements should go together visually so it's not a jumbled mess.

tuckyquilter

Nov-16

This is just so pretty.  

Suze (casuzenn)

Nov-16

I am really loving how that turned out!! bravo

latterberry

Nov-17

That is one awesome quilt!  No doubt your daughter will be over the moon with it. Can you adopt me?

thanks Suze.  Now for the scary part - worried that I'm going to ruin it with the quilting. hmmm.  I "splurged" and bought a premium fleece - in the store I thought it very soft but once it was cut and I got it home it feels very heavy.  I'm worried it won't drape and I definitely don't want to quilt it too heavily.  so I'm rethinking what I had planned on the quilting.  arggg, decisions decisions.