Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Looking for (yet another) pattern   General Discussion

Started Nov-21 by sueinIL; 425 views.
sueinIL

Nov-21

This quilt came up on my "Things we think you'll like" from Pinterest.  And I do like it.  I just can't find it anywhere!  There seem to be a couple of other quilts with this name to compound the issue.  The one I want is by Elizabeth Owens for Cloud 9 fabrics.  It looks like it's made with a layer cake.  So if you just happen to be noodling around on the internet, you might just happen to spot this pattern somewhere on earth.  Please let me know. Thanks!

Sue in IL

I found her name on the Cloud 9 Marketplace section but it is Elizabeth OLWEN, not Elizabeth Owens.  It looks like she is one of their fabric designers.  Does the quilt (or its pattern) have a name?  Can you describe it any further?  

Is it one of the ones on this page?  There are 3 quilts with her name on them on this page.  If not, there's other eye candy for you.  

https://cloud9fabrics.com/projects/make-it-sew/ 

sueinIL

Nov-21

So sorry! I thought I was sending the pattern as well.  I'll look for it again.  Thank you, JDO!

Sue in IL

sueinIL

Nov-21

It's called Good Vibrations.  There is a picture on Pinterest, but it looks like t won't attach to my post.  Very easy, completely fabric- driven. It would look nice in one of the wild Kaffe Fassett collections.  Thank you for looking!

Sue in IL

Well, here is a photo, but did you say you are looking for the pattern?    I don't see that they offer a pattern for it - and the fabric line seems to have come out around April of this year, so I don't know why there is not a pattern.  BUT ... looks like it would be pretty easy to figure it out.    

sueinIL

Nov-21

I encountered the same roadblocks.  Photo, fabric, and no pattern.  I think it's a 5" square, maybe 4" , a 2" and a 1" strip and then background strips to end up with a 10" block.  What do you think?

sue in IL

That sounds about right, especially if you think they wrote the pattern with a layer cake in mind.  But you could also make the squares 8 inches or larger, and adjust the narrow strips accordingly.  

sueinIL

Nov-22

You know what?  I'm going to get out my old graph paper, and see how it draws out.  I think I still have some somewhere.  THANKS for being my assistant brain!

Sue in IL

LindaPutt

Nov-22

Pretty!  I especially like that you don't need to match seams.  It will look great in Kaffe Fassett fabrics Sue.