Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Easy comforter idea (long arm)   General Discussion

Started Nov-30 by Pirate (PIRATE_SR); 236 views.
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Nov-30

This photo recently came across my FB feed.  It's a whole cloth comforter but it's stitched in a hexagon/honeycomb design.  I was thinking that might not be too difficult to do with a longarm.

(This post is totally different than what I was originally posting ... the website this picture is from is offering this comforter in twin, double/full and king/queen for $22.   I swear I was instantly in a rage.  There is no way any of us could even buy fabric for a BABY quilt like this for $22.   But, I calmed down and turned my post in a different direction.   I am still pretty outraged at this extreme loss-leader pricing but still think it's a nifty idea.  :-)   )

Wow, that is really poofy!  Surely there is some extra trapunto-like stuffing in each honeycomb.  Hmm.  

judyinohio

Nov-30

Yeah, back of each honeycomb is flat (grey side) but front is poofy so there has to be trapunto cushion in each honeycomb.

LABFIEND

Dec-1

And then there is the thought that the ad is a FB scam, you won't really get a full sized comforter if you order.  There have been several reports of people getting scammed from ads popping up on FB.

But it is a nifty idea for quilting!

CC (ccase5)

Dec-1

very interesting!! i bought a queen size "quilted" purple spread for $42.00 through Walmart. it has a quilt design "stamped" on both sides. also interesting. I love purple so thought i'd try it. so far I like it!!

I have bought several bedding items at Walmart over the years.  One set I bought was very beautiful and plush, but was selling at a greatly reduced price, which I supposed was because it was all in a BRIGHT RED print - kind of an Asian design, but very red.  I got a great deal on that and used it as my "everyday" bedding for several years.  I do not hesitate to lie down on or put my feet up on the Walmart items, or even drag them from room to room, to use on the sofa or whatever.  But if it is a quilt made by hand, especially by someone I know and love, I will only sleep UNDER it.  It's good to have both options.