Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Happy quilt story   General Discussion

Started Dec-15 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 324 views.

I gave an I spy quilt to a coworker last year for her nephew who was going through some rough family times.  I got this picture from my coworker this morning saying it has become his comfort quilt, has to have it every morning around him at breakfast, talks about the pictures, carries it back and forth to the different family members who are keeping him.  and this is why I love making kid quilts, thinking something I made is making life happier for a child somewhere.

What a wonderful picture. Usually we never see “the rest of the story” as Paul Harvey would say. (I’m older than dirt) lol. 

judyinohio

Dec-15

What a sweet smile on that young boy's face.

You have inspired many forum quilters to make I Spy quilts in the past, Dee, and this photo should inspire more.

Midkid5

Dec-15

It is nice to learn that a quilt made and given can bring such comfort even to one so small.

Jo

Knowing how attached I am to some of my cuddly quilts I can imagine how much more a child would grow to think of a special quilt as something to wrap up in and love.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Dec-15

So very thoughtful of your friend for sharing a current picture of him and his quilt and to let you know how much he really enjoys it!  

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Dec-15

I'm so glad she let you know.  So often we never hear about the love our quilts give.

Suze (casuzenn)

Dec-15

how sweet. its nice to know when our quilts are appreciated.

latterberry

Dec-16

Awwwww...... His sweet little smile says it all.  So sad that a little guy has to go through "issues", so it must feel wonderful to know that you game him some comfort and security.