Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Fun decorating for Christmas   Show and Tell

Started Dec-17 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 468 views.

Not sure exactly why, but I've gotten much more "into" Christmas decorating this year.  Perhaps because I'm working at home.  Or because everything else is so depressing these days.  Or because I don't have any living room furniture.  Who knows.  Anyway I find myself continuing to tweek, arrange, etc.  Yesterday I got to looking at my large PP'd quilt on the wall and thinking it wasn't Christmas at all, hmmmmm.  Normally I drape my Christmas quilt over the back of our sofa, but we ordered a new one AT THE BEGINNING OF SEPT which still has not arrived (any day now....).  I got to looking at the wall and realized my Christmas quilt was roughly the same width, I could sew velcro on the back and use the existing hanging system. So last night I did and ...... TA DA, here it is!  Making me smile this morning.  Now if only that darn sofa would arrive.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Dec-19

Oh Dee!  Your living room looks so comfortable and inviting and warm and inviting...  Well done!  I hope you get a call this week your new sofa is on it's way to your house!  

latterberry

Dec-19

Your living room is beautiful! Very tasteful.  DD ordered a new sofa two weeks ago and they warned her that it would probably be around mid march before it came in. 

Thanks Lynn. When we ordered they told us mid November. Oh well. But now we are used to a big open room. When it does finally arrive it will feel weird. We got rid of the old one before we installed the tile over labor day. 

Dee, that's lovely!! It makes me think of one of those magazines, like Country Living or something...so cozy!

tuckyquilter

Dec-20

I think it's pretty.. and you have plenty of furniture.  (imho)  Sofa's are way overrated. Chairs are way better and more moveable.  Plus you can add them from other rooms if you have a larger crowd.  

Well Done Quilter... well done.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Dec-22

Your room looks great!  Now if only you had somewhere to sit so you can enjoy it too.

That looks so inviting! Nice job.