Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Houston quilt show    General Discussion

Started Dec-18 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 356 views.

Sorry, didn't read closely enough - just the organization that sponsored it.  There will supposedly be other sponsors.  I can't edit the title - Moderator can you change or delete this?

https://craftindustryalliance.org/international-quilt-association-host-of-world-of-beauty-show-at-quilt-festival-in-houston-to-disband/?fbclid=IwAR3X6Q6lFWwtdthBIWh8QoEopJKvbYgOLYAa080MykP5Xxcx8X_gqFmCdhc

judyinohio

Dec-18

So this article talks about three entities ...

The (1) International Quilt Association, the non-profit organization that hosts the annual

(2) World of Beauty quilt show at

(3) International Quilt Festival in Houston,

And all this time I innocently thought they were all one big happy family.  scream

Midkid5

Dec-18

From reading some of the comments, it seems be be what a lot of people understood.

It is to bad that this change is needed, but do people understand that the show does not pay for it self, I don't know.  It is sometimes hard to understand the working parts of any organization with out having worked inside one or doing research to understand how they operate?

Jo

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Dec-18

The very last paragraph was what was important to me (emphasis mine)  ...

"Art quilter and national teacher Lyric Kinard, who has taught at International Quilt Festival for two decades, reacted to the news this way: “I don’t believe much will change other than that they will no longer have to answer to board members when making decisions about the largest quilt show in the world. They will still run the conventions with hundreds of vendors, classes, and quilts on display. It will still be the place for quilters to come together from around the world.”

I've been to the Houston show once and it was *amazing*.  I hope to return ... someday.  :-)

yes, I should have read more carefully!  and now I can't edit the title.  or delete it - embarrased.

KSCarolyn

Dec-18

Send an email to Misha and she will fix it.

Carolyn

Mishii

Dec-19

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

I've been to the Houston show once and it was *amazing*.  I hope to return

This year was the year I was going to go for the first time.  It is the first time I've lived close enough to make it actually feasible.  This thread scared me, but now I'm ok and will plan for 2021!

Misha (MISHAMISHA)

Dec-19

I could swear the last time I tried to change a thread title for somebody it wouldn’t let me, but today it did! I shortened it.