Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Sick people   Off-Topic Chat

Started Dec-21 by bornblesse2; 9144 views.
Cathy (cacnurse1)

Dec-27

Sorry to hear this, Suze.  I hope your sister's test was negative.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Dec-27

Suze (casuzenn) said:

Sis is positive for COVID...she says she feels pretty bad.. 

Yikes!  Have your parents been tested?

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Dec-27

Suze (casuzenn) said:

Mama can no longer stand....Daddy is moaning almost non-stop...both of them need help toileting...and Sis is almost passing out trying to stand herself...

Your sister is this sick and still trying to care for your parents?  Doesn't that expose your parents continuously to COVID?  Are there options for care outside their home?  Sounds like your sister needs help herself.

YDritch

Dec-27

Prayers for your strength and peace in this terrible time.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Dec-27

Suze (casuzenn) said:

I just don't want to lose my sister too

With your parents in Hospice, you have accepted that their time is short here but sounds like your sister really needs some help for herself.  Your parents don't need to be exposed to her and she needs rest and maybe some assistance for herself so she can heal.  I wish I knew where you could find some help.  I will keep you all in my prayers.

Suze (casuzenn)

Dec-27

Cathy (cacnurse1) said:

Your sister is this sick and still trying to care for your parents?  Doesn't that expose your parents continuously to COVID?  Are there options for care outside their home?  Sounds like your sister needs help herself.

yes...we have tried to find someone to come in to help...but all the agencies are full up..

Mama and Daddy probably have it.. there is no way to get them to a testing location to be sure. It makes me sad that this is the way they are going out...

Suze (casuzenn)

Dec-27

thanks...we need all the prayers everyone can give..

oh Suze.  I am so so sorry.  Wish there was something we could do to help.  Is home health still coming at all?  

Suze (casuzenn)

Dec-28

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said:

Is home health still coming at all?  

not that I know of...though they are likely the ones that infected Sis.. The caretaker thinks she had COVID already so she is still coming - thank goodness for that at least.

Situation is not looking good. Sis says Daddy scared the beejeebees out of her by saying he tried to die twice last night, though he couldn't or wouldn't tell her how he planned to do it.. Mama has said that too in the recent past... I think they are just plain tired of being so limited ... they have no 'quality of life'....just so so so sad..

Mama and Daddy are coughing...but still eating.

Sis says the trotters have been added to the mix...sigh

I am just so frustrated...

In reply toRe: msg 39
Suze (casuzenn)

Dec-28

the caretake is sick too...sigh