Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

anyone else doing the BOM Color My World   General Discussion

Started Jan-1 by shout4joy (kjlamp5); 1217 views.

I really like the whimsy of Color My World - The Quilt Show's BOM for 2021. I am using my own fabrics (might just get through some more stash) and bought a background when a LQS had a VERY good sale ...

Wondering if anyone else is going to attempt it?

JOY

that looks fun.  I just ran across this one - similar idea.  I was looking for patterns with circles to use the new circle templates I got for Christmas.   I do love houses.  My very 1st quilt was a house quilt and I've thought about doing another for years but never have jump in.  Maybe this year.

bornblesse2

Jan-4

I have seen that!  I thought it was cute!

the same designer! I am liking her designs ... ! 

when I was searching for her pattern I kept finding a company that is making "blankets" for $40 with her design.  Really?  makes me sad, you know they aren't paying her anything if they are selling some printed knock off of her design on a "blanket".  shaking my head.

Here is another cute "house" pattern - my kinda town by Laura Heine 

I really like that one. Kinda improv.............might be fun to work on a house improv project. I love things that are design as you go.

One of the ladies in the Texas quilters group in FB I joined is a professional LM quilter - she posted it.  It was done by a client - I went to the pattern and honestly I like this version better than the actual pattern.  I think the colors.

the designer is out of Australia ... bummer that someone is doing the blanket knock-off thing with her designs.

In reply toRe: msg 9

Talk about a forever project!  

This was a Block of the Day in 2016.  If you like little houses and other "town and country" things.  The pattern is still available, but kinda pricey ($75.)

https://www.gourmetquilter.com/products/block-of-the-day-2016-that-town-and-country-quilt