Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Learned a New Trick For Cutting Fabric Today   General Discussion

Started Jan-3 by judyinohio; 1396 views.
sueinIL

Jan-6

I'm amazed that tree branches seem to have all the ice and snow on them that they did after the storms on Sunday!  Temperatures are still so low that nearly nothing has melted!  Streets are clear because they were salted and plowed, but the dense fog has kept a lot of people from venturing out. I really want to drive down to the Warehouse, but the idea of driving on Towanda Barnes Road is quite a deterrent.

Sue in IL

sueinIL

Jan-6

Thanks, Judy!  My pointing to Pinterest is just so one can see all the "eye candy," that shows the great variety of ways the sections of the quilt can be put together, or even the difference one's color/fabric choices make. For as easy as it is, it can be quite an impressive little quilt!

Sue in IL

sueinIL

Jan-7

What a great idea!  I'm sure it was happily accepted!

Sue in IL

tuckyquilter

Jan-8

I  use 5# weights.  Way easier when trying to cut long strips.  Taught my little sewing student this trick from the get-go of our lessons. I saw it somewhere online several years ago too.  Great helper.

wowsa!  I just tried this with a metal ruler cutting a long strip of foam core.  My one big art accident was cutting with an exacto knife 40 years ago and I'm always nervous, especially cutting a long (48") piece.  It was amazing.  I just laid it on the end of the metal ruler like a 3rd hand - no movement or pivoting at all.  If it keeps a narrow metal ruler still while cutting with an exacto it will be amazing for rotary I'm sure.  Now I want to cut up some fabric!

tuckyquilter

Jan-26

I love Jordan Fabrics.  Been using my 5 lb weights for some years now. Finally they are getting used for something.... LOL  Love the video's too.

I've always had good service when ordering either fabric or patterns from this company.