Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Lovely day in North Texas   General Discussion

Started Jan-11 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 426 views.

Big fluffy snow flakes falling most of the day yesterday, though it's all melting now.  I sat in a comfy chair next to the window, hand piecing and binge watching a favorite tv show.  It was a lovely day.  Even more because I didn't have to get out in it.

That looks much like my yard in San Angelo.  Like just about everyone else in TX, we got about 4 inches of big, fluffy flakes.  Then it got kind of slushy, and then it froze overnight.  But temps will soon be up in the 40s and it won't last long.  

ours is almost gone except on the roof tops.  Sun is out and melting fast.  I don't think we got more than 2". 

CC (ccase5)

Jan-11

I was going to say-what? but i'm in South Texas. very cold and sometimes icy on roads but no snow around here. I had enough in Colorado!!

Kinda my view of snow here as well but we got our snow the evening before and it is melting too. When we moved here 20 years ago we used to get a lot more snow and it stayed on the ground a lot longer as well.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jan-12

Lovely!  

DJ was driving on his way back to school.   This morning was beginning day 4 going from Amarillo to Little Rock.  I think he was following the snow so I think it was lightening up by the time he was driving today.  I hope so.  He texted when he got to Little Rock but didn't call this evening.  He sounded so very tired last night from two long days already and I know today was another long one.  Tomorrow (Tu) is his last planned day and should end up at a hotel near campus in Atlanta and Weds is move in day.  I'll be glad when he and his little car arrive there safely tucked in on campus!

viola (sissly4)

Jan-12

I know how your son feels I drove over for 5,000 MI this past September and October I slept in Amarillo and drove to Little Rock too and I was glad when I got there because I was very very tired the first day I drove 10 hours the second day I drove eight hours and it is a long haul by yourself so I hope DJ gets there safely and that he can rest up and have a safe trip

oh wow, I'm anxious just thinking about it!   I get stressed when my son drives the 3.5 hours from East Texas.  Of course your son hasn't had all the car accidents mine has, thank goodness.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jan-12

We heard of the snow from DD.  I told my DGD that it was just preparation for her trip back to school in New York.  She and DD are leaving tomorrow.

Pretty to look at but I'm never anxious to drive in it.  I grew up in Michigan and have had plenty of experience doing so with all the different places we have lived.  Here in AZ I only have to do it if I choose to go where the snow is.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jan-12

Judy (DJZMOM) said:

Tomorrow (Tu) is his last planned day and should end up at a hotel

Prayers he gets there safely.