Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Fun FREE tutorial for scrappy quilt   Show and Tell

Started Jan-14 by JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt); 377 views.

If you are always looking for new ideas to use up some scraps, you might like this free pattern I found on a website (info below).  You do have to register with your contact info, but it's free.  Or, you can probably easily figure out the measurements by yourself.  It caught my eye because it looks different than so many other scrap quilts.

Free on this website:  http://www.kitchentablequilting.com/2019/06/plaid-ish-scrap-quilt-and-tutorial.html 

judyinohio

Jan-14

It's pretty, particularly for someone like myself who loves plaid. And it might appeal to Dee with her talent for very precise piecing. 

But I will close my eyes and say "Thank you, but no thanks".  wink

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Feb-9

oh, I do like that plaid effect!   You'd need to be judicious in your placement of  dark/medium/light colors to get that result.

Hmmmm ... it looks like the light/white squares are the background behind the plaid lines.  Perhaps the dark/mediums only are used to create the plaid.   Very interesting.

No no no.  I have NO NEED for another idea!   I have *plenty* of existing UFOs to work on!

latterberry

Feb-10

Same here-no thanks!  It's really pretty, but way too many seams to match for me.

judyinohio

Feb-10

We could take a flyer at it and rename it "Drunkard's Plaid".  LOL