Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

mattresses   Off-Topic Chat

Started Jan-22 by Mel Harris (MelHarris1); 237 views.

Hey, all! My current mattress is going on 12 years old. When sleeping, I start on my side, then roll to my stomach, so need both. Last two I've had were pillow-top and I really liked them. My current one, tho, hurts my hip. I've tried one of those egg crate things...NOT a fan. I've put a feather top to it, but it's not enough between me and the springs hurting my hip. Tried ordering one of those that comes rolled and you air it out...no edges. Have slept on a friend's foam mattress and it's like you're sleeping in an oven....

Any suggestions? LOL!!! There are like a million kinds out there

judyinohio

Jan-22

If there is a Sleep Number store near you, I'd like to suggest you go there and check out their mattresses.

DH and I have been satisfied customers of the Sleep Number Company for decades (from way back when they were known as Select Comfort). A word of warning in advance - the mattresses are pricey and you might suffer from sticker shock. But the bed will be very comfortable and will give you a good night's sleep every night so IMHO that makes it well worth the price.

(I can't say that I am a fan of their sheets, though. Seems like they have gone the polyester-synthetic route with their sheets and I have found  cotton sheets that I like better online.)

CC (ccase5)

Jan-22

I have an old mattress on box springs.It was hardly used though. Was our guest room bed. i got a foam topper at Kohl's and that helped my hip. Now i must use a pillow between my knees. usually only put top knee on the pillow and other leg straight but my right hip was happier than it was the other night when i used my "knee" pillow. A bit too thick I think.
Good luck.
CC (ccase5)

Jan-22

sheets... where online Miss Judy. I long for my old cotton sheets!!!
judyinohio

Jan-22

This time of year in Ohio we use flannel sheets. The ones on the bed right now are from this place:

https://www.thecompanystore.com/flannel-sheets

bornblesse2

Jan-23

It is time for us to replace our mattress as well.  But I have no idea what we will get.  I have liked our last one, but we paid a lot for it.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jan-23

I agree with Judy.  We have had a Sleep Number bed for about 30 years.  We went from a queen to a king when we moved.  The mattresses are warrantied for 20 years.  If something hurts, we adjust the firmness.  We did put a feather top on it.

We bought a Tempurpedic, yes there was  sticker shock, but they are well worth the extra money. Jonna bought a new bed when she moved, I think hers was a sleep number.