Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

U tube on using jeans   Off-Topic Chat

Started Jan-22 by CC (ccase5); 219 views.
CC (ccase5)

Jan-22

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_a7tYdKebs
I mainly want to know what language she is speaking. Portugese maybe?? she makes a bag out of jeans.
I watch a lot of European shows on MHz and wondered since it doesn't say where this is from. She says a lot of S shushing words. Interesting.
judyinohio

Jan-22

Sounds like Russian to me.

Like Judy, I also believe she is speaking Russian.

I also watch a LOT of foreign YouTube videos on quilting and sewing, and I know I have seen them in Russian, Portuguese, Chinese, Hindi, etc. etc.  Whenever there are English subtitles, that does help.  But if not, I just turn down the volume and watch in silence - just to see what they are doing.  

There are some Russian videos for something like piecing a scrap quilt, and the narrative seems to go on and on WAY too long for what is happening on the screen.  I always wonder just what they have to say that seems so out of proportion with the simple piecing that is going on in the video!  hah!  When there is an English language video that seems to ramble on and on unnecessarily, I start to lose patience, and if I don't turn it off altogether, I set the playback to twice the normal speed to get on with it.  LOL  

There sure is a lot of video out there from all over the world.  People are so creative and resourceful!  

CC (ccase5)

Jan-29

Russian. oh, ok. the S sounds she made sort of shushing sound confused me. Thanks.