Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Quilting design for CW quilt?   General Discussion

Started Jan-24 by sueinIL; 252 views.
sueinIL

Jan-24

I am working on a CW-style quilt.  Colors are dark reds, blues, greens, gold.  I am not going to hand quilt it, so what design should I ask my long-arm quilter about? When I try searching for some online, my request for CW quilting designs comes up with CW quilt patterns.  Suggestions?

Sue in IL

In reply toRe: msg 3
sueinIL

Jan-24

Thank you for that conversation.  I was leaning toward fans because there are some nice open blocks to show off the stitching. Just thinking ahead.

Sue in IL

bornblesse2

Jan-24

Depending on your quilt, feathers are always a real classic look.  

sueinIL

Jan-24

Thanks, Ellen. I think  feathers might be too elegant for my homely--or homey--quilt. It does have good spaces, but it will be a TV room naptime quilt.  I would love sometime to make a quilt worthy of feathers!

Sue in IL

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jan-25

My first thought was Baptist Fan across the whole quilt.  But a Clamshell design seems traditional too.

Now I'll check out the link that was posted.

sueinIL

Jan-25

The link leads you to an interesting discussion.  There are even more links to take you through the thicket.  There is a pretty churn dash quilt I could use my leftover CW fabrics for.  Enjoy!

Sue in IL