Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

interesting secondary pattern - hexagons   General Discussion

Started 1/28/21 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 1879 views.
judyinohio

1/31/21

Barn?!?

As in a pole barn like you would find on a farm here in Ohio?

https://polebarnsdirect.com/garage-storage/

(I don't want to think of fabric stored in a bank barn like my Grandpa's in Indiana with a horse and sheep in the dirt lower floor and bats in the rafters.)

Suze (casuzenn)

1/31/21

lol..yah..something like that

LABFIEND

1/31/21

JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt) said:

Patty, I don't know about you, but they can have my fabric stash when they pry it out of my cold, dead hands.

Yup, I'm right there with you!!   Just last week I picked up 6 boxes of fabric for Aunt Margaret!

But we needed to cut 400 8 inch circles, Christmas fabric, no problem!  My friend cut 117, I did 120, then another 160, out of our stash, rest was bought by the extension office (but I am cutting them)  Fortunately, the quilt shop has a Accucut (I think) that we put the fabric thru to cut the circles.

And I kept the triangle scraps,ROTFL!!

LABFIEND

1/31/21

Misha (MISHAMISHA) said:

LABFIEND said: Don't want to run out of fabric.

Priorities, Ya know!!

LABFIEND

1/31/21

There's just no winning in the "getting ahead of the stash" race.  LOL 

It's the race, not the winning-ROTFL!!!!!

bornblesse2

1/31/21

You are right!  Patti uses a lot of fabric, but she has the same issue I do....it comes in faster than it can be used up!  But she and are pass it around and around!  We have our give-to People around us!  Yes indeed!

I love the left-over triangles for corners of string blocks.  And just sewing two wonky triangles together to make a wonky piece for crumb quilting.  

LABFIEND

2/1/21

I love the left-over triangles for corners of string blocks.  And just sewing two wonky triangles together to make a wonky piece for crumb quilting.  

Exactly my plan!!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

2/1/21

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said:

I ran across this and thought the secondary design was fun. 

Great fo scraps!  We all have those.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

2/1/21

LABFIEND said:

Don't want to run out of fabric.

Like that is going to happen!  Like me, I think you have a SABLE.  And....you keep finding or buying more.