Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

I Could Make One Heck of a Snow Angel   General Discussion

Started Feb-16 by judyinohio; 1274 views.
judyinohio

Feb-16

I feel like celebrating the completion of my last Jelly Roll quilt top.

I would go out and make one heck of a snow angel but I'm afraid that DH would not be able to pull me out of the twelve inches of snow that we now have in our yard. stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes  Last night's snow/sleet combination added to what was six or seven inches.  One snow stick (the Ohio answer to a rain gauge) shows twelve inches at one end of the yard and the second snow stick shows three inches above the twelve inches at the other end ... so that's one foot three inches.  Nothing compared to what Misha gets in snow country at her side of the continent but still pretty good for Ohio. I have a feeling we will not get mail delivery today.

Now, about my final Jelly Roll project. The pattern is called "Drag Race Quilt" and was designed by Donna Jordan at Jordan Fabrics.  You use one yard of accent fabric with a Jelly Roll and in my case I chose a bubbly fabric to go with a bunch of brights.  You cut the accent into 2.5 inch strips and sub-cut into 6.5 inch strips.  Go to jordanfabrics.com to find Donna's demonstration of how she designed and stitched this quilt.

(Photo looks like strips are crooked ... they just have pockets of air behind them because I did not smooth the quilt flat against design wall. Achy Judy has really bum shoulders today.)

Second photo shows dots lime green backing fabric and close-up of accent fabric used in quilt and for the slab-o-border.

When I use a border like this I think of Pirate and other forum members who meticulously spend days on applique work applying hundreds of tiny leaves on vines for a border while Judy the Cheat just slaps on a cute fabric full of bubbles. smirk 

Then again, this is a charity quilt ....

Love your fabrics, Judy. And the accent fabric (bubbles) is super cute!

Midkid5

Feb-16

Judy, cute quilt, I really like the bubble fabric.  

Sorry you can't make snow angels, they were at one time so much fun.  We have not had much snow this winter, so far only had to have driveway plowed once. Yesterday a 9am it was 17 below next Monday they are forecasting 40 above.  Enjoy the pretty winter stuff from inside.

Jo

Mishii

Feb-16

You have the absolute best stash. Every single fabric is always fantastic. This is a cute quilt. 

What a pretty quilt. I love Donna Jordans YouTube videos..........she has the greatest ideas!

I could make a nice snow angel too and it is blowing sideways here all morning! It is a lot warmer than the -2 from the other day but still well below freezing........it is all relative.

Suze (casuzenn)

Feb-16

oooh...like how that turned out...

its not 'cheating' to make fabric work for your vision!! I like the bubbles...

5dogmom (CRISR5)

Feb-16

This is very cheerful, Judy.  I see seed beads instead of bubbles, but I have beads on the brain.  LOL!

Cris in MT

judyinohio

Feb-16

Okay, Cris, you have talked about beading projects long enough.  Time to show us at least one beaded beauty. This is as good a thread as any.

I won't mind if you go off topic and I'm sure other forum members would enjoy the interruption. I double dog dare ya.

• Edited February 16, 2021 1:43 pm  by  judyinohio
Kim D. (KIMDIG)

Feb-16

Your quilt is beautiful! I Love those bright fabrics as well.  I see the seed beads in that first photo, but not so much in the next photo.  Maybe that's because I'm a beader too.    

The snow is beautiful, but I sure don't miss living in it or the cold weather.