Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

new FB account just to look at quilt pretties - not so anonymous   Off-Topic Chat

Started Apr-15 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 1155 views.
In reply toRe: msg 6

On the FB and other social media stuff. They can find you. I think our cell phones have a way of knowing what we say, they can track us, know everything we do online.

not to complain too much, but this site is too quiet sometimes, there are so few of us left these days.  And work is quiet too - working from home and there are only 5 of us left working.  quiet quiet quiet.  I needed a more chatter. I only re-joined the applique group and a Texas quilters group.  

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Apr-16

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said:

not to complain too much, but this site is too quiet sometimes, there are so few of us left these days.

I hear ya ... but how much do you really want to hear about my scrapbooking on this quilting site?  LOL!

When I am working on my quilting stuff, I do talk about it with y'all.  :-)

Well in my defense I was on the road all day. I am back in Colorado and can get back to your quilt Monday. I had not planned to be gone so long but life happend.

No deadline. Glad you had safe travels. How long a drive is it?

I know there is no deadline but I just want to see how I comes together. It sure is pretty and I am enjoying the process DBIL keeps looking at it to see what I am doing. He really likes how it is lookin too. 

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Apr-17

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said:

Cabbage Rose quilt shop in Fort Worth is shutting down

I remember you taking me there years ago. It wasn't far from your work.  I heard you mention them often.  Sorry to see them go.  I like to feel the fabric buy.  That takes a brick and mortar store

tuckyquilter

Apr-21

I'm on MeWe and there are several active quilting forms.  Not the national or international like on FB, but still lovely quilts.  

FB can be very intense at time.  I just don't go on that much anymore either.  AND I deleted a bunch of stuff to clean out my newsfeed too.   

MelRN

May-2

I'm with you; I love FB cause I can see people's pix and such (quilts, grandkids, bullet journal pages) but I'm not into the drama. I've cut a lot of it out by dropping ppl off my fb. They can recommend, but I don't have to accept...

maxiboysmum

Jun-30

I was fed up with all my quilty notifications and posts appearing  on my Fb page and some even managed to get on to my non-quilty friends pages too. 

I also left all my quilt fb  groups for a time but found I suffered withdrawal symptoms. My grandson suggested I opened another email account and used that address to open another fb account and use it just for my quilty stuff. I did that and hey presto, it worked. I've been using this method for a couple of years now and have not had any problems

As I use my own name on both accounts, I do occasionally get a "friend suggestion"  that will be one of my friends or relatives but I just ignore them. I never use the facility on fb to change on to another fb account. I always log on to my quilty fb by using a different