Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Moving to South Fulton,TN   Off-Topic Chat

Started 4/19/21 by viola (sissly4); 1385 views.
viola (sissly4)

4/19/21

Well it is official sign my Residential Rental Agreement last night and send it off this morning.And got to talk to the owner of the duplex that I am renting.June 1th 2021.My son is flying in to Phoenix June3th. June 4th he is taking me back with my belonging To South Fulton.TN. That is where he live.I will be about Two miles from him.With all my moving that I have done over the years this one is the hardest one. Friends and Step Childrens and grand and great grand children leave behind.They ecepted me like I was there real blood children.But I just have one son he has wife and two step children.Last summer when I took the trip up there to visit they ask me to come and live around where they do.So when I fell last Dec and broke my wrist My son Nathan said it is time to come home and be near them. I am going to miss everybody but there is still phone and zooming and text.It is going to be differ living there.I will have to drive and hour to get to a quilt shop.Just little town around there.Good thing I have a lot of material. All I need is batting and I order that on line. So I am busy package.I have all my material pack already.Have been working on that for third weeks now.

Wow Viola that is a big change. Sounds like you are pretty much packed. Tennessee is really a beautiful place. I have been there quite a few times.

LABFIEND

4/19/21

Wow!  That is a big move, but sounds like it is time for you to be closer to our son. Glad you get to take your fabric (unlike Yetta, who has to downsize), but you are right, there is Zoom, and I am sure you will find projects to sew on!

We will miss you, but gives me another destination when I head cross country-LOL!!

Best of luck with your new life!!

Suze (casuzenn)

4/19/21

Wow....what a big change for you! It will be good to be near your son...

viola (sissly4)

4/19/21

It is not pretty where I am going.It is flat land.I am on the border of KY. the town divide the state.

viola (sissly4)

4/19/21

I am two hours north of Memphia.

viola (sissly4)

4/19/21

Yes it is time for me to move.I have been falling alot.So I know it is time to go. I wish I would be dreaming it and not really going.

Wow, what a surprise! I’m sure you will be happy being near your son. A big change in your life! 

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

4/19/21

Wow .. that *is* a long-distance change of venue!  But, with all the familiar and loving people you are leaving behind, you have your son & his family to look forward to being with.  There's something to be said about living near your family when you get older and might need their help.   Carolyn did the same thing.

judyinohio

4/19/21

I looked up South Fulton, TN on Wikipedia and it will be quite a change from the big city hustle and bustle of Phoenix. It's a good thing you are taking your stash with you.

You know we can always guide you to wonderful online sources of thread and other quilty necessities.