Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Moving to South Fulton,TN   Off-Topic Chat

Started 4/19/21 by viola (sissly4); 1432 views.

Wow Viola that is a big change. Sounds like you are pretty much packed. Tennessee is really a beautiful place. I have been there quite a few times.

LABFIEND

4/19/21

Wow!  That is a big move, but sounds like it is time for you to be closer to our son. Glad you get to take your fabric (unlike Yetta, who has to downsize), but you are right, there is Zoom, and I am sure you will find projects to sew on!

We will miss you, but gives me another destination when I head cross country-LOL!!

Best of luck with your new life!!

Suze (casuzenn)

4/19/21

Wow....what a big change for you! It will be good to be near your son...

viola (sissly4)

4/19/21

It is not pretty where I am going.It is flat land.I am on the border of KY. the town divide the state.

viola (sissly4)

4/19/21

I am two hours north of Memphia.

viola (sissly4)

4/19/21

Yes it is time for me to move.I have been falling alot.So I know it is time to go. I wish I would be dreaming it and not really going.

Wow, what a surprise! I’m sure you will be happy being near your son. A big change in your life! 

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

4/19/21

Wow .. that *is* a long-distance change of venue!  But, with all the familiar and loving people you are leaving behind, you have your son & his family to look forward to being with.  There's something to be said about living near your family when you get older and might need their help.   Carolyn did the same thing.

judyinohio

4/19/21

I looked up South Fulton, TN on Wikipedia and it will be quite a change from the big city hustle and bustle of Phoenix. It's a good thing you are taking your stash with you.

You know we can always guide you to wonderful online sources of thread and other quilty necessities.

latterberry

4/20/21

Oh, my goodness!  That is going to be quite a change for you.  You told me once, but I can't remember how long you have lived in AZ.  I'm sure it will be so hard to leave you friends and family there,  Thank goodness for the technology we have these days for keeping in touch.  I looked up South Fulton and it is about the same size as the small town I live in.  You are about an hour from Hancocks in Paducah though and that would be a great place for fabric.  In my small town we have to drive an hour to get to anything for shopping so I think nothing of it.  I know it will be quite an adjustment for you, but is sure will be nice to be close to you son and his family.