Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

help needed on deciding frame color - red or green   General Discussion

Started 9/6/21 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 1234 views.
judyinohio

9/6/21

Dull muted gold would be perfect but since you flat out reject that color, then it has to be red.

Stand back and look through a door peekaboo viewer thingamabob and you will see that there is already a lot of green so green sashing would be too, too much.

5dogmom (CRISR5)

9/6/21

The red caught my eye right away.  The green seems to lack the same pizzazz .

Cris in MT

In reply toRe: msg 14

what finally decided me was looking at the various sashing fabrics I had pulled, and which one I honestly liked as a fabric.  Red it is.

Looks pretty red right now.  But I know the green across the top will offset that some.

tuckyquilter

9/7/21

I LOVED all your options.. YOU, dear girl, are one prolific quilt maker.  I'm just amazed at how many you are making.  

judyinohio

9/7/21

It does not look pretty red right now.

It look perfect.

viola (sissly4)

9/7/21

I like it with the red. You do a beautiful job.

5dogmom (CRISR5)

9/7/21

Not "too" red though; just dramatic -- makes me want to look closer to be sure I don't miss any detail.

Cris in MT

This is the kind of applique quilt that people at the Dallas Quilt Show would go ga-ga over, and put their noses right up close to the quilt, to see all of the fine stitching, and take close-up photos.  

I may have to rethink where I was going to hang it to make it easier to look up close.