Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

NOOOOOOOOO   General Discussion

Started Sep-17 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 387 views.

I SWEAR!  and did.  Really I swear there should have been at least 6" extra fabric after the two quilts were done end to end.  I laid them on the backing with extra.  But apparently something shifted or something was folded and I didn't notice.  Grrrr.   I almost almost stopped before putting on the 2nd one and rechecked the length.  Sigh.  I will have to splice in extra fabric tomorrow.  And this was on the gift quilt too - DARN IT!

The saying should be Measure Once and Swear twice!

Suze (casuzenn)

Sep-17

aww geeze...what a PITA  ...did you rotate the backing somehow?

judyinohio

Sep-17

That's a heartbreaker .... or a hairpuller .... or cussing-a-blue-streaker ....

And I guarantee it will never ever happen again.

not sure how it happened.  I think there must have been a fold in one of the tops when I laid them out.  I know the recipient won't care that the backing is pieced, but still frustrating.  I had to cut the backing as the entire roll would have been too thick (it was most of a bolt of fleece).  I should have used a tape measure though, at least to double check.  I knew better but was lazy.  Or I should have quilted the gift one 1st instead of the donation one.  ah well.