Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Labfiend -- Have you ever used this yarn   General Discussion

Started Sep-18 by JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt); 315 views.

I saw a lady crocheting with this stuff the other day, and I asked her what she was making, and she said it was scrubbies.  Immediately I thought of you.  I felt it, and it has a kind of rough texture just right for scrubbies.  Wondered if you had ever used it.  You can see it comes in several colors.  She was using two different colors and crocheting them together into one scrubbie.  Didn't take long to finish it.  I'm about to go to the Fall craft show here in a little while, and I will see if she has any for sale.  

https://www.michaels.com/red-heart-scrubby-yarn/M10472950.html 

LABFIEND

Sep-18

I have not used that, I cut the netting into strips and use that.  Would be interested in how much she charges for them, the skein seems kinda high, wonder how many scrubbies you can get from one.

If you need more scrubbies, I can make you some more, am getting set to start making some for the fall craft fair, I can make you some like I did before.

I went to the craft show today and I bought one of the scrubbies from her, just so I could see how well they work.  She charges $3.25 for one of them.  Kind of an odd price.  ?  I have no idea how many she could get out of one skein.  Hmm.  But no, I do not need any new ones.  I have plenty of scrubbers.  I just wanted to see how good they work.  Haven't tried it just yet.    

Suze (casuzenn)

Sep-19

about 3 or 4  retreats ago, Yetta brought a skein of  Scrubby Yarn - I crocheted a scrubbie with it and a spool of tulle...I am still using that scrubbie daily. I like the Scrubby Yarn...but it was a bit tougher on the fingers  crocheting since that stiff stuff is scratchy.

LABFIEND

Sep-19

JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt) said:

She charges $3.25 for one of them.  Kind of an odd price.  ?  I have no idea how many she could get out of one skein.  Hmm.  But no, I do not need any new ones.  I have plenty of scrubbers. 

Well, in Oklahoma, the $3.25 wouldn't fly-LOL- my friend makes them and sells them for a dollar, I sell mine for $1.50 (hers sell first, then mine do-LOL) but the money goes to the group, so it doesn't matter, except it isn't really worth my time!

Let me know how they work, I may have to try some!

LABFIEND

Sep-19

Suze (casuzenn) said:

that stiff stuff is scratchy.

It is a pain to crochet!