Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Another Cute Use For Jelly Roll Strips   General Discussion

Started Oct-6 by judyinohio; 326 views.
judyinohio

Oct-6

When you are on the emailing list for Jordan Fabrics you sometimes are amazed by "Why didn't I think of that?" moments.  Today Donna Jordan presented a cute pattern/quilt with an easy idea that finishes up with a sort of wonky log cabin quilt and I love wonky.

I had to buy the pattern (Lynne was right ... I might have the itch to stitch some time in 2022) just as a reward for Donna showing me this clever idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIGTXXvaoc4

Mishii

Oct-6

Really cute pattern. I have a couple of singleton jelly rolls. Very tempting. 

latterberry

Oct-6

That is a neat pattern.  It does look like something you would like.  She has lots of good videos and I like that she just gives directions without all sorts of chitchat.

I'm on one of my solo road trips right now.  I'm enjoying the Blue Ridge mountains in VA and visited a quilt shop in this small town.  They had taken over one of those old two story brick school houses ad claimed to have two floors of fabric.  I was really disappointed.  One floor was only fleece, flannel, and upholstery stuff. The bottom floor was only 2 rooms of fabric and 2 rooms of any notion you could think of.  The fabric selection wasn't al that great either.  Maybe that was a good thing---like I really need more fabric!

judyinohio

Oct-6

latterberry said:

One floor was only fleece, flannel, and upholstery stuff.

You could have considered Dee's idea of using fleece for backings on your charity quilts and bought some wild fleece prints to experiment with ... looks like you will have to go back to that shop and think about my suggestion.  smiling_imp

latterberry

Oct-6

I do use fleece on the tops that are wider than 40 inches so I don't have to piece backings.  I hate doing that.  I did go up to look at their fleece but it was pretty pricey and I can do much better on JoAnn sales.