Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

in person or online?   General Discussion

Started Oct-19 by MelRN; 351 views.
MelRN

Oct-19

Do you prefer to see quilts in person or online? I actually prefer online to in person show n tell. I can see it better, visualize, the colors stand out better...I know others prefer in person, and no big...just thought I'd see what opinions there were out there! :D 

In reply toRe: msg 1
judyinohio

Oct-19

I love seeing quilts online but I like them best when there is a person in the photo with the quilt so it gives me a sense of scale. It helps me appreciate how large the quilt is (or how small).

For example, when there's a photo of a "Best of Show" quilt from a quilt show it's one thing to see the quilt .... but  IMHO it's even better to see the quilt with the quilt's maker standing next to the quilt. Then the sheer awesomeness of the person's work really hits the viewer when you see the size of the masterpiece next to the human who made it. 

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Nov-3

I'm an in person fan.  I enjoy quilt shows.  I can see the quilts from different angles.

tuckyquilter

Nov-15

I enjoy online as I can move at my own speed with no crowds.. 

I do enjoy a good quilt show, but mostly for the other stuff.  Tools etc.  The last couple of shows I went to were not as fun. There were very few pieced quilts, and the rest were applique or machine embroidery.  I would love it if they would separate them out.  OR better yet, have a separate show for anything but pieced work.