Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

20th ANNUAL VALLEY OF THE SUN QUILTING RETREAT Feb 24-27-2022   News and Announcements

Started 10/29/21 by KSCarolyn; 55952 views.
In reply toRe: msg 399
KSCarolyn

Jan-15

bornblesse2 said:

call Hampton’s front desk at 602-267-0606.

You should probably put this in your cell phone.  I did.  The information is also posted in Message #3

In reply toRe: msg 407
Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jan-15

Ellen and I went back to the hotel to have another look and actually see tables up.  One of the things I noted is that you will need additional light at night so if you have small portable lighting, it would be good to bring it.

bornblesse2

Jan-15

I have several lights, so some of you can borrow my little lights!

In reply toRe: msg 408
Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jan-15

Today I made 3 lotto blocks.  I'll post them below.  I wanted to see how the colors went, etc. before I cut out the rest.  Hope to get the rest cut tonight or tomorrow so I can finish them up.

Since they are 12 inch blocks this year, it won't take many to make a nice size quilt.

bornblesse2

Jan-15

I want to make some more!  I bought the flying goose Accuquilt die today to make it easier!  I hate flying geese with squares and rectangles…..always have.  I can sure do them, but don’t like it!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jan-15

I'm the same.  I don't enjoy making them so easier is better.  I managed to not cut of any of the points.  I've been trying to get better at it.  With these stars you have to line up the points on both pieces in one seam.

YDritch

Jan-16

bornblesse2 said:

I bought the flying goose Accuquilt die today to make it easier!

Will we have an Accuquilt to use at Retreat?  Sure would be fun to have one there.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jan-16

Sandy in TX (Centergranny) said...

can you have someone video you showing how to make the block and put it in Shutterfly?

Brilliant!!

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jan-16

Sandy in TX (Centergranny) said...

Sure wish I was going with you! 

I wish you were coming too!!!

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jan-16

Cathy (cacnurse1) said...

One of the things I noted is that you will need additional light at night so if you have small portable lighting, it would be good to bring it.

Thanks so much.  I'll probably need it during the day too!!