Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

20th ANNUAL VALLEY OF THE SUN QUILTING RETREAT Feb 24-27-2022   News and Announcements

Started 10/29/21 by KSCarolyn; 55915 views.
Judy (DJZMOM)

Jan-16

Cathy, your lotto blocks are very pretty.  Maybe I should go back and look at the guidelines again.  Batiks looks so nice with a ight background too and not just black.

Judy (DJZMOM) said:

I wish you were coming too!!!

I’d love to see everyone again.  I just can’t leave Roger.  Cole now is going to ground school for his degree in aviation (concurrent with high school).  Owen was here last month when Roger fell. @12 he handled it very well, (but had to take a picture of the fire truck & ambulance he’d never been so close to one before he said, lol)

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jan-16

That is so cool that Cole is doing ground school!  Is he still in Scouts?  If so, he might check out the aviation merit badge and the weather merit badge.  He may be able to accomplish some of the requirements in each one.  There may be another but these are the first two that come to my "advancement" mind.  

That's wonderful how Owen handled helping his Pa while it was just the two of them.  He's obviously calm under pressure and organized in his mind.  Those are important skills to have and some adults can't do what he did!  Good job Owen!!

Judy (DJZMOM) said:

Is he still in Scouts?

No, unfortunately not.    Have you went to Colorado to check out your car yet? Didn’t you say it finally arrived?

lppenguins

Jan-17

It’s a fun group. So glad you came!

lppenguins

Jan-17

I have a few smaller lights and 2 small Ott lights I’ll bring them for the late nighters. 

lppenguins

Jan-17

We’re supposed to use a cream background for the block lotto!

the other blocks with black and batiks is for the charity blocks being made in Texas for foster care. 
please go look at the info on block lotto.                                   (So sorry for the confusion, that was a side conversation that grew) 

gosh I need to get my blocks cut out too. Lol

***just a side note*** the 3 FQ needed for the LCR game can be any of the colors listed.               1. Any color fabric with the Lily flowers on it.          
2. Any fabric in Emerald Green.                                    
3. Any fabric in a silver (not grey)
Hope that helps.

• Edited January 17, 2022 1:01 am  by  lppenguins
Judy (DJZMOM)

Jan-18

No.  We haven't been back to CO since late last summer.  We still haven't heard if the car has made it by train to DEN.  Then it gets loaded to a car transport vehicle to get to N CO.  We'll get back eventually...  hopefully.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jan-18

Thanks for all of the clarification info.  My comment was also in reference to seeing batiks so often with black background fabric.  I realized the cream is just as stunning as the black in its contrast.