Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

20th ANNUAL VALLEY OF THE SUN QUILTING RETREAT Feb 24-27-2022   News and Announcements

Started 10/29/21 by KSCarolyn; 56633 views.
LindaPutt

Jan-21

Thanks so much Ami, I really appreciate your prayers and support.  He's hanging in, but with both heart and pain issues, he felt he needed to retire, so sold his business.   Another big change but he's glad he did it when he did.

LindaPutt

Jan-21

Thanks Cathy.  I'll miss you too!  Retreat is such a highlight of the year for me and everyone.  I'm sad to have to miss it.

LindaPutt

Jan-21

They sure do.  It's amazing how fast they go from barely walking to running everywhere they go.

LindaPutt

Jan-21

Thanks Lynne.  I had to get more fit and lose some weight when we first started watching Zahn 8 years ago.  Thankfully I've kept it up and it helps me not to be so out of breath all the time.  As you might guess, the hardest part is getting up after playing with the little ones on the floor.  Zahn used to take off running and would be into things before I could get there.  Kingsley takes my finger before she leaves my side and, unbelievably, if I shake my head "no", she doesn't even get into cupboards or anything.  It's so wonderful to have an easy child to watch this time.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jan-21

No, I have not had to cancel.  I'm sorry I didn't word that very well.  I just meant with all you do to help Lindsay and now to find out you'll need to back away from the retreat.  But little ones are only small for a time and these times of daily contact are so important for building strong bonds and making wonderful memories!

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jan-21

Thanks for keeping us all updated with how L is doing.  It is such a privilege to pray for others' loved ones and strangers but we don't always have the privilege to hear how they were answered.  Often so different and much better than requested!!

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jan-21

LindaPutt said...

Zahn is in school - 2nd grade already.

Oh my!! How great!

LindaPutt said...

He was adopted, so Lindzey doesn't have him any longer.

Oh yes, I'd forgotten he waws adopted into the home with the gal he knew as his "mom".  But I'm so very glad she has still let you guys stay connected and involved with him.  

LindaPutt said...

Zahn & Kingsley get along so well together.  Every day after school when he gets in the door, the first thing Zahn says is, "is the baby here?"  Then they play together for an hour or so.  She crawls all over him and he thinks it's so much fun.  He knows that she's his sister.  He's very protective of her. 

LindaPutt said...

Zahn & Kingsley get along so well together.  Every day after school when he gets in the door, the first thing Zahn says is, "is the baby here?"  Then they play together for an hour or so.  She crawls all over him and he thinks it's so much fun.  He knows that she's his sister.  He's very protective of her. 

What a joy for you and Rick to see and have the kids together.  I hope Zahn has learned to control his temper and himself and he is growing up.  You two have been a blessing to him whether he really knows it or not.  I am so glad he will continue to see how a healthy married couple makes a home together and cares for each other and those beyond them.  I know Lindzay knows all this too (way deep down inside) even if she hasn't really been able to express to you.  I pray a relationship has developed a bit between Lindzay and her folks so they can realize what God has done in her life and that of the kids.  

In reply toRe: msg 478
Judy (DJZMOM)

Jan-22

Well...  we are in the midst of gaining a room!  DJ got his room and important stuff packed up and arranged a POD to take it all to Huntsville.  We helped pack it and added a few extra surprises...  like a life size Mr Spock he had in the back of a closet and that showed up in interesting places in our house (like MY shower to help wake me in the morning!*!*!??!).  So DH and I fixed his so he'd be standing in the roll up doorway as soon as DJ throws the door up to roll in open.  Mr Spock will be right at his height and right in his face!!  

Dang!  Sorry he's on his side.  Really he is standing!  And we took lots of childhood treasures and clothes to Savers and only saved a few special things.

I was shocked and amazed at the number of errant broken crayons/pencils/pens/erasers, Legos and Nerf darts we recovered under his bed/desk/trundle/drawers unit as well as the bottom of the closet.  DH solved the mystery of what happened to individual tools that *now we know* DJ "borrowed".  It has felt so good to do the remaining cleaning and disposition of the last stuff.  

So this afternoon I began taking some project boxes with contained future projects from my sewing room and put them on leftover shelves in one closet.  These were mostly piled just inside the doorway about 3.5' high.  The boxes on the bottom two shelves are some of my wool stash and a two Rebekah L Smith projects.  The upper shelves are other projects I could grab and place quickly to loosen up the work area in my sewing room.  It feels good but I never thought I would have accumulated this much stuff in the >20 years I've been quilting!?!

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jan-22

Judy (DJZMOM) said:

Well...  we are in the midst of gaining a room! 

YAAAAAY!    You are FINALLY getting a proper sized sewing room!  Oh hallelujah!!  And your (former) sewing room can become the guest bedroom ... big enough for a bed but small enough so that they don't stay too long!  LOL!

Midkid5

Jan-22

Oh, if only there would be a camera to capture his expression.

Judy, I do hope that you will take the time now that you have room to sort and thoughtfully consider your quilting supplies.  You will thank yourself when the time comes to pack for CO.

Jo